GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cynical 1

Cynical 1

anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Empty
PostSubject: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 10:53 am

looking to upgrade to some sportier factory power seats, as well as do a center armrest and a floor shift.

has anyone put new camaro or newer than c5 corvette seats into their wagon?

i'm assuming use the wagon seat rails, and adapt the rest, but has anyone actually done it?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 8:58 pm

I have a pair of Recaro seats from, I believe, a 6C1 police cruiser. They are almost like seats in a passenger jet. I had to make adapter rails to mount to the top of the OEM rails, but they worked out nicely. Any of the other seats should be easily adaptable to the OEM rails. Make sure you have enough front to rear movement, and that the adapter is not too tall. My first attempt put me too close to the steering wheel, and very high for the entrance. Second attempt was much better.
Back to top Go down
Cynical 1

Cynical 1

PostSubject: Re: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 am

any pictures of the process or the finished product?

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I have a pair of Recaro seats from, I believe, a 6C1 police cruiser. They are almost like seats in a passenger jet. I had to make adapter rails to mount to the top of the OEM rails, but they worked out nicely. Any of the other seats should be easily adaptable to the OEM rails. Make sure you have enough front to rear movement, and that the adapter is not too tall. My first attempt put me too close to the steering wheel, and very high for the entrance. Second attempt was much better.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 11:49 am

I took some pics, but they do not show much other than what they look like.
anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Seat_r10anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Seat_r15
anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Seat_r13
anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Seat_r14
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 10:29 am

Come on Fred, clean that thing up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 7:29 pm

I have a new carpet for it, so I can't see cleaning the old one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?   anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone put new camaro SS or c6,7 front seats in their wagon?
Page 1 of 1