GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1500 rpm vibartion ... only when AC clutch engaged?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
r67northern

r67northern

1500 rpm vibartion ... only when AC clutch engaged? Empty
PostSubject: 1500 rpm vibartion ... only when AC clutch engaged?   1500 rpm vibartion ... only when AC clutch engaged? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi All,

This one has me perplexed. This summer I replaced almost all of the rotating hardware on the engine front. Part of that process involved removing the mechanical fan and replacing it with LT1 electrical units.

Since then I've been more aware of other noises so I've been working through them. Now I'm left with this: a/c compressor engaged, 1500RPM on the engine, and a vibration you can hear and feel through the car. It's clearly associated with the a/c being on.

I actually noticed this before and after a new:
- a/c compressor & clutch
- serpentine belt tensioner
- alternator
- removal of old air pump

Honestly, there's not much left on the front end that isn't new (just a water pump and power steering pump). I can't believe the harmonic balancer has anything to do with this, right? Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

1500 rpm vibartion ... only when AC clutch engaged?
Page 1 of 1