GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broken driver’s seat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Norm

Norm

Broken driver’s seat  Empty
PostSubject: Broken driver’s seat    Broken driver’s seat  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 pm

My driver seat has the infamous broken shoulder bolt resulting in a pretty substantial lean which isn’t the most comfortable. Anyone have any tricks for removing the part of the bolt left in the seat?? I was planning on just replacing it with a regular bolt if I can’t find a shoulder bolt to replace it, but need to get the old one out first.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Broken driver’s seat    Broken driver’s seat  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Twist it out with a pair of vice grips. I'm sure Fred Kiehl can get you a bolt.

Tom
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: Broken driver’s seat    Broken driver’s seat  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 pm

if I remember correctly the power seat tracks used are the same for the majority of GM cars from at least the 80's I think all the way to the early 2000's, as I know my 87 Pontiac power seat tracks are nearly identical in design to my buicks, the only trick might be the floor mounting, as when I was looking for a set of good working tracks for my Pontiac the only issue I was having was that all the newer ones I was finding where missing an extra part on the rear bracket for an extra mounting bolt but otherwise if I could still use them with no modifications unless I wanted two rear mounts per track instead of one.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Broken driver’s seat    Broken driver’s seat  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 11:13 pm

I got a M8 metric bolt and a steel sleeve, 3/4” long. It was a chore getting it in there, but I managed. Pulling the armrest off seemed to help. It will work for now, but I’d still like to replace it with the OEM shoulder bolt. So much better on my back not having the back leaning to one side. Broken driver’s seat  79e9a510
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Broken driver’s seat    Broken driver’s seat  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm

When mine broke I couldn't find a steel sleeve for the bolt I used so I put a piece of transmission cooler line on it for a sleeve. I'm pretty sure the seat has cut through my sleeve as it leans a little bit but not as much as when the original bolt broke.

I think I'll have to go looking for a steel sleeve or roll pin that will fit. . . hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken driver’s seat    Broken driver’s seat  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken driver’s seat
Page 1 of 1