GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playing with my woody

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Burdaddy

Playing with my woody Empty
PostSubject: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 1:53 pm

So after a week of bein sickern a dog I'm finally feeling better. Went to junkyard other day n for $35 I got both front inner fenders from a Florida wagon (I'm in Ohio n u'll see my inner fenders in a bit), chrome roof rack and a 2000 Silverado master cylinder for my 96 sierra (good upgrade if any of u are interested). So onto pics also put in clear corners and home Depot intake was a few months back. Roof rack is a lil loose so any tips would be appreciated.Playing with my woody Img_2012
Playing with my woody Img_2010
Playing with my woody Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 3:53 pm

You need some fly away panels, Brother.
Back to top Go down
Burdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Workin on it. Gonna hit up yard again this week. Probly paint all the pillars black n tint windows to have a nice wrap around look to it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Is the roof rack loose because the rivnuts are loose in the body? The rivnuts can be tightened if you can get the screws out. If you can not get them out, you will have to cut the heads off of them unless they will pull out. The rivnuts are a GM bastard size. You can get rivnuts that are large enough to fit, with a slightly larger screw. The screws are stainless. Panhead screws will work, to allow the cross bar to move, if you need to redo the rivnuts. You will probably have to go to a 7mm, or the approximate size in inches for it to fit into the hole snugly.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 am

lookin good so far. Cool

I did the master cylinder upgrade on the wife's 454SS and removed the inop RWAL, brakes are night and day better!
Back to top Go down
Burdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Fred it's loose in tracks. I flipped the levers down to lock it but still wiggles pretty good in the tracks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 pm

You may not have engaged the rail clamps. You must remove it, and make sure they are hooked on the rails.
Back to top Go down
Burdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Stopped by pullapart today after work. Panther 21mm rear bar!!!Playing with my woody Img_2013
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with my woody   Playing with my woody Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing with my woody
Page 1 of 1