GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forward facing 3d row

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
87bluebird

Forward facing 3d row Empty
PostSubject: Forward facing 3d row   Forward facing 3d row Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 6:10 pm

Has anyone ever tried turning the third row seats around to face forward? I have 4 kids under five so atleast 1 carseat will have to go in the third row and was told can't have car seats in a rear facing seat legally? Does anyone have any pictures of how the third row seat is attached or pictures of the third removed?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Forward facing 3d row   Forward facing 3d row Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Do you really want your children to be in a crumple zone in a 25 (actually the design is from 1977) year old vehicle? I love my old stuff, but I think that you should be in the market for a modern van or SUV with lots of airbags.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: Forward facing 3d row   Forward facing 3d row Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 7:36 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Do you really want your children to be in a crumple zone in a 25 (actually the design is from 1977) year old vehicle?  I love my old stuff, but I think that you should be in the market for a modern van or SUV with lots of airbags.

I have noted that when I have my nieces riding in the third row on either of my wagons people tend to stay further back then when the back is empty.

As for flipping the seat around though, I don't think it would be practical, as you would have to alter the floor pan to essentially flip the footwell around to where the seat cushion is, which I also don't think would be possible as I'm pretty sure the differential is right below there so then something would have to be done to make sure the diff doesn't bang into the deepened floor pan every time you hit a bump, then there's all the mountings for the seat cushion and the pivoting back rest, not to mention the release.

I seriously don't think even if it where possible that is would be worth the expense.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Forward facing 3d row   Forward facing 3d row Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Not pratical AT ALL.

No one has tried it because it is basically impossible. There is no footwell BEHIND the seat. What is there is a large hump with the rear differential underneath it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forward facing 3d row   Forward facing 3d row Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forward facing 3d row
Page 1 of 1