GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RadioFlyer

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 6:50 pm

I'm trying to figure what this switch does. It is to the left of the steering column under the dash. It is a slider type switch. I am attempting to share a picture. Any ideas?
What is this? 20200311
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 7:28 pm

When you push on it, does your trunk open?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 8:09 pm

That is a picture of a car with the trunk lid open so I assume it is for opening the trunk from inside the car. If yours doesn't open, there is a problem with the circuit.
Back to top Go down
RadioFlyer

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 am

This is on my OCC. I have a tailgate glass release button on the dash along with the rear wiper button. Does this button do the same thing? When I slide it I don't hear anything happen. I can't find anything about it in the service manual. I wonder if this part was replaced at some point in time with one from a sedan.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 8:58 am

I believe you are correct. Sedan part in a wagon. I no longer have any sedan manuals to verify.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 10:51 am

On mom's 91 Caprice sedan, that pops the trunk. I'll say sedan part on a wagon. Either someone replaced the lower dash part, or someone had a bad day at the factory. Look under and see if it's connected...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this?   What is this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Electrical-
Jump to: