GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New guy here from NC

Go down 
+7
Buicknutt
Sprocket
heavywoody
sherlock9c1
rcktpwrd
HendersonRacing514
jameron7199
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jameron7199

New guy here from NC Empty
PostSubject: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Hey there, the name is Jake, I'm 29 and reside outside Charlotte NC and just bought a 1995 Buick Roadmaster wagon. Always been a fan of these wagons and finally got tired enough of my current daily to jump on into the wagon life. I was driving an awful 2005 s10 blazer 2door 2wd on belltech lowering springs with 145k on the clock. It was me and my sisters first car back in 2007 and I got it from her in 2017. So far I'm super happy with the buick, the lt1 has more power than I expected and this thing just floats down the road better than I had ever imagined. It needs some work like fixing the door locks, interior lights, the tailgate doesn't fold down, squeaking idler pulley, washer fluid lines and pumps, needs a new grill, rear wiper arm and gas struts for the back glass and speakers. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff and haven't been on forums since 2010ish when I lurked on fullsize chevy and gm fullsize for my 1500 silverado (dad bought it new in 99 and I started driving it in 2009). Also scanned some chevelle and pro touring forums for my 1971 chevelle with a ls1 and t56 6 speed.
Thankful that y'all are still out here spreading some info, I'll need it to get my wagon just right. New guy here from NC Img_0410

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
HendersonRacing514

HendersonRacing514

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 6:22 pm

Great looking wagon! Welcome to the “club.”

jameron7199 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forum!

nice looking wagon!

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Welcome! Smart strategy on lurking on the forums you want to buy one of. Start saving for a good transmission rebuild, and take the exhaust manifolds off and have them planed flat as soon as you can to save the broken bolt headaches!

Back to top Go down
heavywoody

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Welcome Jake! Where about in Charlotte? I'm in Gastonia and work in Charlotte, have a 96 RMW daily driver that I'm working on as well.

Back to top Go down
jameron7199

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 10:35 pm

heavywoody wrote:
Welcome Jake! Where about in Charlotte? I'm in Gastonia and work in Charlotte, have a 96 RMW daily driver that I'm working on as well.
Thanks! I'm in Harrisburg, just moved here from charlotte during the summer. Hopefully we can get together some time to check out each other's wagons.

heavywoody likes this post

Back to top Go down
jameron7199

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 10:41 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Welcome! Smart strategy on lurking on the forums you want to buy one of. Start saving for a good transmission rebuild, and take the exhaust manifolds off and have them planed flat as soon as you can to save the broken bolt headaches!
Yea I try to do research before committing but still always end up missing things. There is a local company that does a great job with 4l60s, they did the rebuild on my 99 silverado about 6 or 7 years ago. What is the issue with the manifolds? Do they warp over time and snap bolts? My silverado had a couple of broken manifold bolts but it is super common on early 4.8/5.3/5.7/6.0 engines and usually doesn't cause leaking issues.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:29 pm

welcome! check out CariSSma, carolina B-Body group. nice peeps, have met a few.
Back to top Go down
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 1:12 am

Welcome... lots of great info on here.
Back to top Go down
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 6:23 am

Welcome, Jake. I've had a few of these wagons, and am down in Charleston not far from you. You'll find a lot of people here willing to help.

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ericguy320

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 7:12 am

New here also, live in Lincolton work in gastonia. Picking up a 95 rmw in a few weeks when the title is ready from an estate sale. I'm a long time gm mechanic and always lived b body's but never had one.

heavywoody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 9:50 am

I had a 1995 RMW, same color. Hands down the best car I’ve ever owned. To go from a lowered blazer, to a floating Buick must be shocking! It’s a popular color, you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you go searching for interior/exterior parts
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 7:31 pm

nice looking wagon - that's a pretty big change from the s10 - my previous ride was a hard riding 01 ranger b4 i got my 96 - yes the wagon's ride is awesomely comfy and it also takes speed bumps and other obstacles with smooth ease.... or it did... damn, i miss my wagon.

my understanding is the stupid bolts on the headers - at least one or two on the right side on mine - were somewhat stripped when i got it. i could never figure out why it never got better mpg with no codes, ran like a champ, etc... but i'd try tightening the bolts and after so much pressure (not much) it would turn more freely... i ended up just living with it, it wasn't really noticeable otherwise.

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy here from NC   New guy here from NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy here from NC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: