GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to the forum....

Go down 
+3
Walterf
Sprocket
Mike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Mike

New to the forum.... Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi just picked up a 1995 Roadmaster. Needs a little work as its been sitting since 2016 but I got it up and running already. 1st drive is planned
for later today we will see how that goes. Got a few issue and parts needed so expect a few questions.
Thanks
Mike

Lets start....
Looking for Tan steering wheel.
Looking for Grill.
and how do you open the back door, the button goes in but nothing opens???

New to the forum.... Roadma10

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 11:11 am

Welcome aboard. Saw you over on FB and was gonna recommend coming here, but you figured it out already Smile

Can you unlock the rear glass from the button on the dash? There is a solenoid in there that pops the latch. when you push the button do you hear a pop of the solenoid?

If not you can try the key in there and turn it slowly but don't force (half of the ones i have owned the key never worked right)

It the answers are both no, then the easiest way I have found is to pull off the trim above the glass on the inside and use 10mm wrench to take off the upper hinges, then open the back like a truck tailgate with the glass attached. you can then pop the cover loose on the bottom and reach in there and manually release the latch. you will need 2 more people to hold the glass as when you release it will drop on the ground if no one is holding it up. one person wont be able to keep it from falling on the ground. I learned that lol.

I have an excellent grille, $60 and you pay shipping
Back to top Go down
Walterf

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. The glass has to open before lowering the tailgate. There are two 13mm bolts securing the handle and latch to the glass. Remove them and you should be able to unlatch the glass. Then you can muscle on the tailgate or take the interior panel off and manually unlatch it. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 pm

welcome!

Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am

Welcome, this one should make for a nice before and after pic.
Back to top Go down
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Welcome in!
I got a nice tan Fleetwwod wheel

My roadmaster ones are smoked

That grill for $60 can’t be beat...jump on it!
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Mike - If you don't end up buying the Grille, I'm in for it.

Stupid deer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum....   New to the forum.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forum....
Page 1 of 1