GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Columbia Station Ohio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Want to introduce myself to the forum : Long time wagon lover my last a 93 Roadmaster , I've had a few over the years before they were cool to own I just picked up a 94 Roadmaster after a year plus search .It's a tan 2 owner car with 120000 miles that was owned by an elderly gentleman who was a Buick lover and owned a few . I'm in the process of finding out all the options ,the RPO sticker is pretty well faded so I need to do a bit of searching . From what I'm able to figure out the car is pretty well equipped but no leather interior or aluminum wheels which I was looking for but the body is in beautiful condition (which here in Ohio is hard to find because of all the salt they use on the roads ) and has all of the rubber trim .All the electrics work ,glass is in great shape ,the carpet and headliner will need to be replaced ,and the interior /exterior will need a good cleaning and detailing but that's one of my passions .Mechanically I need to go over the brakes and change all fluids ,tune up etc. I'm an old timer who has built ,modified and restored cars and bikes in my 71 years . I currently own besides the wagon a 70 Chevelle SS396 restomod which I put together for my wife .A 2007 modified Pontiac Solstice ,turbo kit suspension upgrades etc . a 4 year project , a 98 Astro van to haul my dogs around in ,a 98 Silverado ,and a 2009 Grand Marquis the wife's car  because they quit making full size Caprices .Looking forward to being an active participant and maybe sharing a bit of knowledge I've acquired over the years .Wojtek To add I tried to post some pictures of my toys but needless to sat I screwed something up . I'm not really computer literate I'm pretty much of a dummy when it comes to this stuff so I'll have to do a bit of research and try again .

Last edited by Wojtek on Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 3:28 pm

welcome to the forums

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 5:26 am

Welcome to the pod. You should be able to find a leather interior or alloy wheels if that's what you want. You're in easy driving range of the Wagonfest in NH, and an annual meet-up in southern NH (the vaccine will be here someday). Put out the word on this forum, and I'll bet someone can find what you need on Craigslist or a pick-n-pull, and arrange a handoff.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions my last wagon had leather so I'm going to try out the plush seating maybe it will end up working for me as the seats are in great condition other than a clean up . As for the wheels I have a set of rallys and TAs that are going on as soon as the weather breaks same set up as my last wagon just wanted the factory aluminum ones to stash away .
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Velour seats are OK, but watch out for those static discharges.

Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Screen13
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 11:15 am

In Florida I prefer the cloth as it doesn't burn you legs in summer!
The factory alloys are not worth much $$ as no one wants to buy them, but alot of people want big money for a set. I gave mine all away just to get them out of the yard as no one would even give me $20 for one. I got more for the center caps lol. Be aware the 91-94 wheels are different center cap sizes than the 95-96 if you have to piece a set together.

All that said, I do have one brand new '94 RMW alloy with an like new original '94 general tire that was a spare in a 90K RMW I bought. I saved it as I have 2 other new 94 generals (in case someone wanted to go concourse resto). The other two are on black steel wheels. I doubt, I'll ever find the 4th one for a set and have no intention of ever using them, pretty much looking for a home for them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Columbia Station Ohio    Hello from Columbia Station Ohio  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Columbia Station Ohio
Page 1 of 1