GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blower motor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sherlock128

Sherlock128

Blower motor Empty
PostSubject: Blower motor   Blower motor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 11:44 am

So I went to the swap shop today and when I parked and shut my car off my blower motor stayed on I even tried turning it off from the ac control but it still stayed on I had to disconnect the battery to get I to stop I havent really done any other testing yet. I was wondering if anyone has some advice electrical has never been my strong suit
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Blower motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blower motor   Blower motor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 4:20 pm

The control module next to the fan has taken a dump. You can get one from any 91-96 B body with electronically controlled HVAC. I keep a couple in stock @$60 shipped. They can be repaired if you can find the correct power transistor. There is a 30 amp fuse that controls the fan. I do not remember the number off hand.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock128

Sherlock128

Blower motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blower motor   Blower motor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 5:48 pm

Ah okay thank you. Yeah I'll go ahead and snag one from you
Back to top Go down
bocoogto

Blower motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blower motor   Blower motor Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 pm

'95 Roadmaster blower motor will not run. Control on the dash can be advanced manually, but no blower. The temperature control does regulate as normal and the mode switch works. Where do I start?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Blower motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blower motor   Blower motor Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 8:01 pm

If there is no fan, there is nothing to regulate. I would look at either the fan, or the fan controller (next to the fan). You can even pull the fan, and hook a battery to it to see if it runs. Be careful, there is a lot of mass to the motor, and it will try to twist it out of your hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blower motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blower motor   Blower motor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blower motor
Page 1 of 1