GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WF FL ReCap

Go down 
+3
RadioFlyer
booster
Sprocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 7:41 pm

Well another one in the books folks! Due to the pandemic, attendance was down as expected, and was a low key event as there was no BBQ or awards this year.

It was interesting in that there were quite a few other 91-96 wagons there that were not part of our group (I spotted about 5). One was someone I know personally, but had his car in the for sale lot, another one that looked like a decaying tree with all the green mold on it (white woody). Someone from Jax Inc, who I didn't recognize, and wasn't there every time I went by, Another white woody that looked like the Daddy Wagon, and a Roadmaster that has parked with us in the past white with silver where the wood goes....

We had 7 wagons on our slabs, Roo's Yellow 'Vette, and Kid's RMS. 3-OCCs, 2- Chevys, and 2-RMWs (both woodless) so it was a woodless wagonfest! I have a couple pics on my phone, but not on my PC where I"m posting from.

I think this was the first year that no one broke down either! Last night 94 Woody, Fred K, Mark Roady, Roo and Black and myself kept up the steak tradition and went out to eat after the show at a steakhouse.

We noticed that Radioflyer's people (AMC club), had a grille going and they told me they do it every year, so next year the BBQ will be at the track I think!

Thanks to everyone that made it out and thanks to everyone who helped make space in my garage by taking some parts off my hands!
Back to top Go down
booster

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 8:27 pm

Sprocket wrote:
  and a Roadmaster that has parked with us in the past white with silver where the wood goes....

That sounds familiar, did they use similar pattern and silver color to what I did to ours?

WF FL ReCap New_bu19

Our silver is 2018 Kia color that is very highly metallic.  Looks almost white in the sun and a medium grey in the shade.  Mouldings removed but  followed them same area as the wood plus mouldings, execpt in the front where I took the silver down in front of the wheel and across the filler panel on the front bumper. Plus the sheep in wolf's clothing, non functional bulge hood WF FL ReCap 1f600
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 9:58 pm

booster wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
  and a Roadmaster that has parked with us in the past white with silver where the wood goes....

That sounds familiar, did they use similar pattern and silver color to what I did to ours?

Yes, sans the hood and it still had the trim, but he polished it, so it popped well against the silver and white.
Back to top Go down
RadioFlyer

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 8:53 am

Thanks for letting me be a part of the crew! It was great meeting you guys. Looking forward to the next event.

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Walterf

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am

It was a beautiful, sunshine filled day. We got in and out quick and easy. Met a lot of good folks, learned a lot about B bodies and we turned on a number of passers by to this forum.

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
booster

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 10:25 am

Sprocket wrote:
booster wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

Yes, sans the hood and it still had the trim, but he polished it, so it popped well against the silver and white.

Thanks, that must have been interesting. He was lucky to have one with the trim good enough to polish, ours were all beat up. I wonder if he took it all off to polish? Ours were were really hard to get off without damage or broken clips. Once off you could see that there were probably some procedures that would have helped as some looked like a slide first then lift type thing.

I have seen lots of colors, but not any other silver ones, and never one with polished trim that way.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Had a good time. I think on-track BBQ would be great!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 10:15 am

Like Sprocket said, much lower attendance (at least our group), but zero rain, almost too much sun, and a great time as always. You New England guys (you know who you are) better show up next year!

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 7:00 pm

RedandBlack wrote:
Had a good time. I think on-track BBQ would be great!

As long as there is a shaded area to cook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WF FL ReCap Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF FL ReCap   WF FL ReCap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WF FL ReCap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Event Central :: WagonFest Archive-
Jump to: