GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need cleaning advice

Go down 
+2
Krzdimond
sherlock9c1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

Need cleaning advice Empty
PostSubject: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 am

I was out washing the cars this morning before work to get some exercise, and my wife's minivan has some sort of dirt spray off the wheels that the carwash detergent was NOT even touching. From a distance it looks like dirt, but close up it looks like baked-on sludge. I've also got road tar wispies here and there that I need to remove. To get stuff like that off, what do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:27 am

gasoline is a cheap and effecive on petrolium type stains(tar and such)
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:28 am

I would try full strength Simple Green and a soft brush. It's usually pretty good at removing just about anything. Unfortunately it will also remove any wax you may have left so be aware of that.

There are plenty of tar and bug removal products of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:35 am

Wax removal is not an issue at this point. I've discovered these new paint pens they sell at the auto parts stores that are GREAT at filling rock chips, except that you have to get the wax out first before you fill the chips. I will give each of those a shot. I'm game for other suggestions too!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:16 am

WD 40 or Goo Gone will work.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:30 pm

This is as it is called,awesome. I buy it by the case whenever I am in the US.

I found out about it from the RV guys I met. I initially laughed as it is only a dollar a bottle.

Best kept secret out there.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f54/anyone-use-awesome-spray-cleaner-34604.html
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:59 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
This is as it is called,awesome. I buy it by the case whenever I am in the US.

I found out about it from the RV guys I met. I initially laughed as it is only a dollar a bottle.

Best kept secret out there.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f54/anyone-use-awesome-spray-cleaner-34604.html

We had a bottle of that stuff when our lab wasnt quite housetrained yet. Did a great job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need cleaning advice   Need cleaning advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need cleaning advice
Page 1 of 1