GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello , from NW Georgia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Rhino

Hello , from NW Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 am

Thanks for letting me join. We've actually had our 92 RMW for 11 years. Been in the family for 2 decades (My wife's Uncle had it until he passed). It has been my Wife's driver until last month. We both ride Motorcycles , so it was the "too bad to ride in weather" , not a DD.

Since its retirement , I have decided to make it into a more fun cruiser. I've kept the stock drivetrain serviced its whole life with us , but it is a boat. I'm going to warm up another small block and get the stance and wheel package right. Also has the 2.xx rear end , that needs addressed. Ours looks straight up grandpa , (maple red , wood package , stock wheels) but I'm ready to breath a little life into it.

I love forums , with years of endless reading (serious) , and will hunt down a few builds in the TBI gen and figure out what works with what. Any and all advice appreciated , including a push in the right direction to find threads on waking up the 350. Wagon has 232,xxx miles on it , Tranny received a full rebuild at 150,xxx , as did rear end gear was changed to a road gear because that's what Uncle Claude wanted when driving from SC to AZ to visit his Daughter.

Going to try and load a pic , we'll see.
Dan
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am

Welcome aboard Dan, you've come to the right place.

There's quite a few TBI guys here, that have done exactly what you want to do.

Spend the winters in Coastal GA, leave the snow in NH to the skiers.

Tom

Black Rhino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Welcome aboard. for TBI performance gains, go check out the Thirdgen.org forum. Tons of good info over there! I've had my share of TBIs and they are great cars.

Black Rhino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 10:10 am

Sprocket wrote:
Welcome aboard.   for TBI performance gains, go check out the Thirdgen.org forum.   Tons of good info over there!    I've had my share of TBIs and they are great cars.

Thanks , I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Black Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 2:53 pm

Hello , from NW Georgia Wagon_11
Back to top Go down
Black Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Eureka! I figured out the picture thing. I think. Anyway , here's our 92 , as well as my photobombing Triumph. I have lots of questions. I don't speak GM fluently , actually , in our 29 years of Marriage , it's the only GM vehicle we've ever owned.

Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 am

Black Rhino wrote:
Eureka! I figured out the picture thing. I think. Anyway , here's our 92 , as well as my photobombing Triumph. I have lots of questions. I don't speak GM fluently , actually , in our 29 years of Marriage , it's the only GM vehicle we've ever owned.

Well better late than never.

68scott385 and Black Rhino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello , from NW Georgia   Hello , from NW Georgia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello , from NW Georgia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: