GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member Twin Cities

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
92OCC

New member Twin Cities Empty
PostSubject: New member Twin Cities   New member Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 4:14 pm

New here. My ride is a 92 Custom Cruiser with the 5.7 liter. Looking to upgrade her drivetrain first and then focus on interior. Purchased her in MO a few months earlier. She needs a lot of TLC, but runs good and is my daily driver.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: New member Twin Cities   New member Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 6:05 pm

I am also in the Twin Cities in Andover, and also got my RMW in a suburb of St Louis in 2013.  Long day flying down as family illness meant I couldn't be gone for more than one day.  5am flight to Atlanta, layover, then to St Louis by about 11am, half hour cab to the Honda dealer that had it.  They putzed with the paperwork for hours and then I drove straight back and got home at 10pm.  Long day and leap of faith for me in a old and unknown reliability vehicle.

I have been getting it in line since then and finally happy with most of it and did the bodywork, no rust to deal with winter before last and built engine are rear axle and sent out trans.  Mild upgrade with stock torque curve shape and high quality parts and 2.53 open swapped for 3.23 and Trackloc.  

This is my driver too, but retired so no commute and park it in the winter unless clear roads and need to haul something.  Other than that we share a Honda CRV in the slop.

Welcome, maybe we will see you on the road.  Posts some pix when you are able to.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member Twin Cities   New member Twin Cities Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Welcome and congrats on buying an Olds with a 350. Not many made as it was a '92 only option. If you ever run compnine on the VIN I'd be curious to know how many got the L05 option (5.7 engine). I know there were under 5000 built (actual production number is up for debate).

What color combo is it? Pics after your 5th post Smile
Back to top Go down
Dandy

PostSubject: Re: New member Twin Cities   New member Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Minnesota Member here as well, just north of St. Cloud I have a 96 DGGM wood delete Roadmaster Wagon. She is currently in the operating room. Started doing a few upgrades last winter and one thing has led to the next, now the engine and trans are out.

These BBodies are easy to work on and between this forum and the Impala SS forum, there is a TON of info and support.

Good luck. If you have any questions, reach out. The guys here are great. Next year, a group out of St. Cloud is going to be putting on a 5 event Auto X series that I am hoping the whale will be ready for.
Back to top Go down
MackRX

PostSubject: Re: New member Twin Cities   New member Twin Cities Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:08 pm

That sounds like a fun project for you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member Twin Cities   New member Twin Cities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member Twin Cities
Page 1 of 1