GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Empty
PostSubject: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:01 am

I'm buying a 9C1 cluster and dash clip for my car but the plastic trim is that cream yellow and I want it to match the rest of the car. Is there a SEM # for the caprice gray?

SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? 03567882

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 am

Hmm... not to piggy-back his thread or anything (Sorry Cadet!)...

But what about TBI red as well? I need a couple of new air vents and if I can't find red ones, I figure I may as well just get whatever and paint them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:48 am

Stingroo wrote:
Hmm... not to piggy-back his thread or anything (Sorry Cadet!)...

But what about TBI red as well? I need a couple of new air vents and if I can't find red ones, I figure I may as well just get whatever and paint them. Very Happy

The cluster i'm getting has red vents. You can have them Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:49 am

Seriously? You're my hero! My dog broke one of the vents one day when he was overzealous, and the other vent (don't ask me why) doesn't have the slats behind it that you use to open and close it, so it always blows... and my AC is FRIGID.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am

Stingroo wrote:
Seriously? You're my hero! My dog broke one of the vents one day when he was overzealous, and the other vent (don't ask me why) doesn't have the slats behind it that you use to open and close it, so it always blows... and my AC is FRIGID.

Yeah, my trim is gray so the red ones are useless to me. Is this the color you need?

SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:52 am

Yep! That's the one! The only Caprices I've seen in the yard here had blue interiors. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:54 am

Stingroo wrote:
Yep! That's the one! The only Caprices I've seen in the yard here had blue interiors. Sad

Soon as I get the cluster, they're yours. Do you want all 3? And oddly enough, I only see blue wagons too...
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Do you have the wiring diagrams for the cluster swap? I've done this before, it's not plug 'n play.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I bought the gray from advance auto parts to shoot an armrest that was blue. It's a closer match to the door panel than the factory grey one I got for the other side from the JY.

I believe it's the light grey. lmk and I'll get the info off the can when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 pm

phastlt1 wrote:
Do you have the wiring diagrams for the cluster swap? I've done this before, it's not plug 'n play.

I have a '93 FSM but idk if the cluster diagram is in it. I know a wire needs to be run from the tach to the ECU?
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 pm

It should be in the FSM. You will also need to cut as much of the wiring harness out of the donor vehicle as possible. The 9c1 cluster has 2 plugs, the civi cluster has 1. You need those. You will also need to change out the oil pressure sending unit and engine temp sending unit to ones that actually measure the numbers, the civi sending units only measure failures to send a signal to an idiot light.

http://fp1.centurytel.net/caprice/faq.htm##4 9C1 Instrument Cluster

Last edited by phastlt1 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added linky)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 pm

phastlt1 wrote:
It should be in the FSM. You will also need to cut as much of the wiring harness out of the donor vehicle as possible. The 9c1 cluster has 2 plugs, the civi cluster has 1. You need those. You will also need to change out the oil pressure sending unit and engine temp sending unit to ones that actually measure the numbers, the civi sending units only measure failures to send a signal to an idiot light.

Crap... I'll have to see if it was already set up like that. As I'm pretty sure the guy I bought it from had it in a civi wagon so he may have done that himself already.

Do you happen to have the p/n's for the oil pressure unit and the temp unit?
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Don't have the part numbers. You can go to any auto parts store and buy them, just tell them what your car is and tell them it has gages, not dummy lights....I'm pretty sure stock Roadmaster ones or 9c1 ones will work.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:12 pm

phastlt1 wrote:
Don't have the part numbers. You can go to any auto parts store and buy them, just tell them what your car is and tell them it has gages, not dummy lights....I'm pretty sure stock Roadmaster ones or 9c1 ones will work.

Well, first I have to see if the wiring harness is attached. I think it might be, but I dont feel like dealing with it if its not.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:43 pm

You will need to cut the harness out of the donor vehicle wire it into yours. Without that, it's not possible.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:09 pm

phastlt1 wrote:
You will need to cut the harness out of the donor vehicle wire it into yours. Without that, it's not possible.

Thats what I mean. When I talked to him it sounded like most of the work was done and that it was a matter of installing it. So I *think* the harness is included, but I don't know yet. I'm waiting to hear back from him.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:02 pm

You're not feeling me, lol....the work WILL have to be done to your car. You will need to cut the plug off of your harness, then wire the two plugs from the 9c1 harness into your wiring harness. This is a must to get this mod to work...
Read #4
http://fp1.centurytel.net/caprice/faq.htm##4
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:20 pm

phastlt1 wrote:
You're not feeling me, lol....the work WILL have to be done to your car. You will need to cut the plug off of your harness, then wire the two plugs from the 9c1 harness into your wiring harness. This is a must to get this mod to work...
Read #4
http://fp1.centurytel.net/caprice/faq.htm##4

Yeah no I got what you mean. What I'm saying is I hope the pieces of the 9C1 harness I need are included.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok, so he got back to me. From the sound of it he has it set up for the two plug thing and I'll just need to wire it into my car. He also mentioned i'd need to run a wire from the back of the cluster to the ECM for the tach.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 am

I painted the top pad on my Roadmaster dash only a few months ago. It was in crappy shape with faded areas and was quite blotchy from ultra violet rays. I contacted my local GM dealership to determine which of the codes was for my color interior. I gave this code to my body shop supplier and they made the EXACT color of ( mostly flat with a touch of gloss) blue.Had to buy a full quart though,it was a poor and spray, no thinning out vinyl paint. Matched perfectly and now my dash cover looks like new! Not cheap , about $61 "shop cost", and I still have some left. So, if you have a spray gun ( even a cheepie syphon style will work), and an air compressor, this is the BEST way to go ( but not the cheapest). Depends on if close enough is good enough for your wagon I guess Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 am

SEM "Medium Grey" matches the 94-96 grey, I assume it is the same for the earlier years but I do not know for sure.

I've bought it here many times: http://www.yourautotrim.com/semdye.html

"Landau Black" is good for black interior panels.

I SEM'd nearly the whole interior in my wagon and it still looks good almost 3 years later. Also changed the color from tan to black on some armrests for a 68 Buick in 2002. I had the car for 3 years & several long distance trips with the top down and they still looked perfect when I sold it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 am

I'm wondering how it would look to SEM some of my interior pieces black. nothing major, just like vents and trim pieces and such.

Hmmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:40 am

Just got an email from that store.. Anyone looking to get some SEM can SAAAAAAAVEEEE!

http://www.yourautotrim.com/semdye.html
" In addition to more ways to pay you can also use promotion code PP10 during checkout to take 15% off your entire order, whether you pay with Paypal or your credit card--until Thursday, August 19th."
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:57 pm

bigoldv8 wrote:
SEM "Medium Grey" matches the 94-96 grey, I assume it is the same for the earlier years but I do not know for sure.

I've bought it here many times: http://www.yourautotrim.com/semdye.html

"Landau Black" is good for black interior panels.

I SEM'd nearly the whole interior in my wagon and it still looks good almost 3 years later. Also changed the color from tan to black on some armrests for a 68 Buick in 2002. I had the car for 3 years & several long distance trips with the top down and they still looked perfect when I sold it.

Bump..

Does anyone know if this Sem matches the '93 grey? I just bought a Riv console and need to paint it before it can go in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?   SEM for Caprice Gray Interior? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEM for Caprice Gray Interior?
Page 1 of 1