GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickRM

Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side Empty
PostSubject: Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side   Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2021 1:09 pm

On my 94 RMW, on drivers side it is hardly or almost impossible to open the door with the key. The key has to be turned all the way very hard, and the angle doesn´t last out to open the door. I´ve lubricated with WD40, then it works softer, but the angle isn´t enough yet to get the door unlocked. So I have to unlock it from the passenger side manually with the push-button inside with the power locking. Is there something worn out at the lock / lock cylinder or does anyone know the issue?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side   Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2021 7:35 pm

You could have bent the rod to the lock. You will be removing the door panel to find out what is up.
Back to top Go down

Drivers door couldn´t be opened by key / have to unlock it from passenger side
Page 1 of 1