GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My A/C not sure how to proceed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fizzix

Fizzix

My A/C not sure how to proceed Empty
PostSubject: My A/C not sure how to proceed   My A/C not sure how to proceed Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 2:26 pm

I got my 93 RMW back in December 21.

One thing I thought I could address quickly was the fact that the A/C hoses had be cut to prevent if form working.

The compressor seems to be ok (no noises, intact...). My guess is the heater core started to leak at some point for the first owner (I am owner #3).

I have done a bit of reading, including the A/C primer posted by Buick Wagon.

After reading that and some of the other posts, I'm now hesitant to just 'hook it up and see what happens'.

Any pointers on how to proceed?

TIA
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

My A/C not sure how to proceed Empty
PostSubject: Re: My A/C not sure how to proceed   My A/C not sure how to proceed Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 5:22 pm

If the system has been open for any time at all, the receiver dryer must be replaced before pulling a vacuum and charging. The exhausted receiver can be left in place while pressure testing for leaks as long as there is no flow through the system.
Back to top Go down

My A/C not sure how to proceed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Heating and Air Conditioning-
Jump to: