GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hood Liner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 12:18 pm

As I mentioned in a previous post I removed and cleaned up my hood liner. It's basically in good shape except for the fabric covering has anyone tried to recover one and if so what material did you use ? I found a company that makes repop ones Duque Hoodliners in Michigan they are a foam type material , need to be glued on and close to 200 bucks by the time you get done with shipping . I've done some research and I know you can buy hoodliner material but most that I've found is a reflective silver not the look I want .
Back to top Go down
booster

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 1:49 pm

I did manage to find the actual woven fabric like the OEM pad, but it wasn't easy. I don't recall where I got it, but it was likely ebay or one of the resto parts suppliers. My original was torn up and I have a new two layer fiberglass hood so being able to cut to fit was a good way to go for me. It turned out just fine.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 12:32 pm

Thought I'd pass this along to fellow members found a company Collectors Auto Supply  1 800 414 4462 that makes a repop  1/2 "fiberglass hood liner that's cut to fit and has the hole for the underhood light . The gentleman I talked to said it would take 3 weeks and anywhere from 18 to 35 dollars to ship . The liner itself is $97.97 and if you go on there website they have a 10 % off coupon . Still looking for the OEM fabric to try and recover mine but I may go this route if I'm not successful .

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 10:26 pm

There are multiple locations for the b-body underhood light, so make sure you measure where yours is and compare to where the new one is supposed to be.

Else, be prepared to drill the rivets and re-locate the light to match the new hole location.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 5:38 am

Does a 1/2" liner rub on anything? Even the thin liner used on the 96 has "compressed" areas for clearance.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 7:19 am

I have to believe from the looks of it that the " compressed " area is for clearance if your running a home plate set up I'm not I've got a CAI on my and removed all that crap .
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:09 am

Please post pictures when you get it and have it installed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hood Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Liner   Hood Liner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hood Liner
Page 1 of 1