GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wet seatbelt at top anchor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

wet seatbelt at top anchor Empty
PostSubject: wet seatbelt at top anchor   wet seatbelt at top anchor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 9:46 pm

I am getting a wet seatbelt at the upper anchor point. Does anyone know where the water might be coming from. It is annoying, and eventually makes the belt stiff.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: wet seatbelt at top anchor   wet seatbelt at top anchor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 9:57 am

I haven't had that problem YET, but I would check the weatherstrip around the doors, since the plastic b pillar panel sits on the inner weatherstrip. It could be the upper door weatherstrip, but it would have to get past that, then past the inner strip. If all looks good you may have a leak around the vista window.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: wet seatbelt at top anchor   wet seatbelt at top anchor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 6:07 pm

I have eliminated the drain from the roof (vista glass, and top door seal). I may try removing the B pillar trim, and checking behind it. The only way the water can get to the belt is via the bolt, or running down the inside of the B pillar trim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wet seatbelt at top anchor   wet seatbelt at top anchor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wet seatbelt at top anchor
Page 1 of 1