GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Bad Timing

Go down 
+2
goldwolfnhn
Buickman1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buickman1

Buickman1


Posts : 124
Join date : 2021-05-15
Age : 52
Location : Ormond Beach Florida

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 8:32

So 2 days before Christmas this pops up in my alerts. I want to run there so bad but I don't have the time. Sad
Bad Timing Wagon10
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn




Posts : 315
Join date : 2019-07-11
Location : Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 8:36

I know how it can feel, but for me it's mostly money, as I need a passenger fender and the bumper cover and those on that car would be perfect if the metal on the other side is just as good, and even on the salvage yard search sites any cars at yards here in wisconsin are a big gamble if there any good anymore
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl


Posts : 6705
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 74
Location : Largo, FL 33774

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 12:27

goldwolfnhn wrote:
I know how it can feel, but for me it's mostly money, as I need a passenger fender and the bumper cover and those on that car would be perfect if the metal on the other side is just as good, and even on the salvage yard search sites any cars at yards here in wisconsin are a big gamble if there any good anymore
Shipping will be expensive. You would be looking at about $4-500 total for both pieces by FEDEX. Greyhound stopped parcel service back in October. You may be able to use Fastenall for shipping at a better price. From what I understand, they will allow piggyback shipping to local centers.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn




Posts : 315
Join date : 2019-07-11
Location : Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 12:54

Fred Kiehl wrote:
goldwolfnhn wrote:
I know how it can feel, but for me it's mostly money, as I need a passenger fender and the bumper cover and those on that car would be perfect if the metal on the other side is just as good, and even on the salvage yard search sites any cars at yards here in wisconsin are a big gamble if there any good anymore
Shipping will be expensive. You would be looking at about $4-500 total for both pieces by FEDEX. Greyhound stopped parcel service back in October. You may be able to use Fastenall for shipping at a better price. From what I understand, they will allow piggyback shipping to local centers.

well there's an event in California I plan on going to in 2024 called Wasteland Weekend, so was thinking once I had confirmed I was going see if any one here or on the wasteland weekend groups would possibly be willing to pick up the parts and either meet me at the event or at California city near the event
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl


Posts : 6705
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 74
Location : Largo, FL 33774

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 13:13

goldwolfnhn wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
goldwolfnhn wrote:
I know how it can feel, but for me it's mostly money, as I need a passenger fender and the bumper cover and those on that car would be perfect if the metal on the other side is just as good, and even on the salvage yard search sites any cars at yards here in wisconsin are a big gamble if there any good anymore
Shipping will be expensive. You would be looking at about $4-500 total for both pieces by FEDEX. Greyhound stopped parcel service back in October. You may be able to use Fastenall for shipping at a better price. From what I understand, they will allow piggyback shipping to local centers.

well there's an event in California I plan on going to in 2024 called Wasteland Weekend, so was thinking once I had confirmed I was going see if  any one here or on the wasteland weekend groups would possibly be willing to pick up the parts and either meet me at the event or at California city near the event
That car is in Florida.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn




Posts : 315
Join date : 2019-07-11
Location : Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 13:58

I know, and I don't have the money, and by the time I do the parts or the car will probably be gone, though there are people from Florida that go to wasteland weekend, there's enough people that they formed a group called the great 40 migration.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2254
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Ocala,FL

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 14:12

That is at the Daytona Beach location. Red guts, 350. Rotted tail gate. Will be going over soon to grab the rear end housing out of it.

Goldwolfnhn- The passenger fender has damage on the front of it directly above the marker light. The bumper cover is also cracked on that side at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl


Posts : 6705
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 74
Location : Largo, FL 33774

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 14:57

94Woody wrote:
That is at the Daytona Beach location. Red guts, 350. Rotted tail gate. Will be going over soon to grab the rear end housing out of it.

Goldwolfnhn- The passenger fender has damage on the front of it directly above the marker light. The bumper cover is also cracked on that side at the bottom.
Let us know what gears it has, just for curiosity sake. Check the gate glass hinges too. The interior color is "ruby red ", same as 94-96. One year color for 93 cars.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2254
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Ocala,FL

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 20:39

Fred Kiehl wrote:
94Woody wrote:
That is at the Daytona Beach location. Red guts, 350. Rotted tail gate. Will be going over soon to grab the rear end housing out of it.

Goldwolfnhn- The passenger fender has damage on the front of it directly above the marker light. The bumper cover is also cracked on that side at the bottom.
Let us know what gears it has, just for curiosity sake. Check the gate glass hinges too. The interior color is "ruby red ", same as 94-96. One year color for 93 cars.

In the photos I can see that one hinge is busted and a bolt is in it's place. If the gears are 3.23 they will come home with me as well.

I thought the interior color looked like an LT1 car. Now I know why, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1


Posts : 124
Join date : 2021-05-15
Age : 52
Location : Ormond Beach Florida

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2022 - 11:42

Back to top Go down
KCClark




Posts : 25
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Central Ohio

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2023 - 4:07

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Greyhound stopped parcel service back in October.

Had not heard that. Extremely disappointing. Was convenient and cheap for me.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek


Posts : 214
Join date : 2021-01-13
Age : 73
Location : Columbia Station Ohio

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2023 - 14:06

You might want to try Cleveland Power and Performance 1 866 236 5031 they were parting out a couple of clean 96 Impala SS I got a nice set of inner fenders from them . The cars were hit in the rear so the front sheet metal was not damaged ,good people to deal with and they ship
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl


Posts : 6705
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 74
Location : Largo, FL 33774

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2023 - 16:11

The issue is the price of shipping. Greyhound was about 1/3 of the price.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2254
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Ocala,FL

Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2023 - 20:16

Shipping prices are off the rails insane right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Bad Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Timing   Bad Timing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Bad Timing
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Timing Chain
» Ignition timing
» How could the timing of this be any worse!?!?!?
» Timing cover set: to oil or not to oil
» More octane, more timing = more power?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Longroof Marketplace :: Craigslist/eBay/Real Life Finds-
Jump to: