GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No power to inside rear view mirror

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

No power to inside rear view mirror Empty
PostSubject: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 am

I've been living with this situation for almost a year now. Auto dim and map lights don't work, plus vanity mirror lights don't work either Neutral All fuses are good, so I figure must be a break in a wire. I think I may have damaged one while I drove the car for months without any carpet in it ( long story). Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 am

The circuit runs along the threshold of the DS door, and up the B pillar. You could start along the threshold since you were driving without the carpet.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:21 pm

So the wire runs from the right side visor, into the mirror, over to the left visor, down the A pillar to the floor, and along the sill at the top of the rocker panel area, correct?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Close, it runs along the roof to the B pillar and down the pillar up the sill to the wiring harness at the kick panel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Excellent, thanks, now I just need to find a few hours to look into it with a test light.

Next time I'm down there to take a nice scenic drive along the Skyline Drive, maybe we can "do lunch". How far from the entrance are you?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm 10 minutes from the northern entrance (Front Royal.) Lemmeknow when you're down and we'll try to meet up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Anyone know what color wire is the one which transfers power to the auto dim mirror (which includes the map lights)? I removed all plastic interior trim pieces to expose the wiring harness in question. Instead of removing all the electrical tape that transforms all the wires into a bundle, and testing each wire, it would be a lot easier and save much time if I knew what wire to check. Any help is much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Orange wires are hot at all times. It goes to the lights. There is also a blk/white (91-93) or a dk blue/white (94-96) that is switched to the lights. The black wire in the 94-96 is ground. In the 91-93 there are 2 black wires, The one that goes to the connector on the B pillar and changes to orange is the hot at all times wire. The compass display on the 91-93 is either blk/lt blue, or pnk/blk. I do not have the wire color for the 94-96 auto-dim. You should be able to eliminate the others and it should be the one left.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:08 am

Very much appreciated info! Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope to once again have map lights and auto-dim soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No power to inside rear view mirror   No power to inside rear view mirror Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No power to inside rear view mirror
Page 1 of 1