GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster wagon parts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billmorrow

Roadmaster wagon parts? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 1:42 pm

Hello..
would like to find the SRO list for my 92 roadmaster wagon so as to get the paint code, AND..
a source for the stainless and other side moldings..
thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.thinkpads.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 1:48 pm

billmorrow wrote:
Hello..
would like to find the SRO list for my 92 roadmaster wagon so as to get the paint code, AND..
a source for the stainless and other side moldings..
thanks

if you can read the SPID inside the tailgate it is there. some google-fu and you should be able to find online quickly as there weren't many color options.

all the side moldings are used, no aftermarket. JY, people parting cars, etc.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 1:55 pm

If your SPID label is faded out just head over to

www.compnine.com

Put in your VIN, pay a few bucks and have a complete list of what the car left the factory with in seconds.

Serendipity96 likes this post

Back to top Go down
billmorrow

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 pm

the SPID is too faded to read, the 92 is a darker blue than the blue 95.. (maybe i check that in a few mins)
thanks for the link 94woody
the rear pass door was crushed by a truck trailer hitch, found a replacement door but it is white and at a body repair shop, maybe the shop can find the right paint color..
also i would like to find the small plastic mounting clips as spares for when the original mounting clips break while working on the door(s).. :-)
thanks
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:53 pm

billmorrow wrote:
the SPID is too faded to read, the 92 is a darker blue than the blue 95.. (maybe i check that in a few mins)
the rear pass door was crushed by a truck trailer hitch, found a replacement door but it is white and at a body repair shop, maybe the shop can find the right paint color..
also i would like to find the small plastic mounting clips as spares for when the original mounting clips break while working on the door(s).. :-)
thanks

Clips are the same as the trim, have to find it someplace because nothing is available new.

Any body shop worth using should be able to easily match the paint. The best one have a scanner that does the work for them.
Back to top Go down
billmorrow

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 12:17 am

94Woody wrote:
billmorrow wrote:
thanks

Clips are the same as the trim, have to find it someplace because nothing is available new.

Any body shop worth using should be able to easily match the paint. The best one have a scanner that does the work for them.
there IS this guy: https://www.3gsperformance.com/gallery-3-1
re. that scanner thing, that blue paint is very tricky to match, a local paint store spent 2 hours trying to have their computer scanner match it and finally it had to be matched the old way, by hand..
VERY tricky blue color..
but you're probably right, besides it is a GM color.. should be available over the counter but then 30 years of fade will come into the equation.. :-\
ahhh, its an old car, deserves some patina..
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 1:10 am

Paint codes are in the front of the FSM. It is called Dark Sapphire Blue.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon parts?   Roadmaster wagon parts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster wagon parts?
Page 1 of 1