GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

second compuetr doable

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

second compuetr doable  Empty
PostSubject: second compuetr doable    second compuetr doable  Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 6:38 pm

Might be the wrong place for this but,

I am considering some performance heads, but don't want to need high test fuel/ Thought has occured to me, maybe a second computer with a second tune. One computer for normal driving on regular gas, the mother for running higher octane. Would it work if both computers were wired together except for the power. Could an a-b switch on the power connection be used to switch computers?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

second compuetr doable  Empty
PostSubject: Re: second compuetr doable    second compuetr doable  Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 8:09 pm

Unless you increase the compression ratio substantially, you should not have an issue with octane rating.

I suggest that you watch Engine Masters on Motortrend to better understand some of the intricacies of engine performance and requirements. Not all of the episodes will be pertinent, but you will know a lot about how engines work, and their requirements.

92whale likes this post

Back to top Go down

second compuetr doable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Electrical-
Jump to: