GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1A2 Wanted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vettguy

1A2 Wanted Empty
PostSubject: 1A2 Wanted   1A2 Wanted Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2024 4:33 pm

Still on the hunt for a Special Service Wagon if anyone has a lead please
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

1A2 Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1A2 Wanted   1A2 Wanted Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2024 6:51 pm

I wish you good luck. Not many were made and it seems a lot of them went to the salt states and are long gone.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

1A2 Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1A2 Wanted   1A2 Wanted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2024 11:14 am

vettguy wrote:
Still on the hunt for a Special Service Wagon if anyone has a lead please

When I learned about the 1A2 wagons back in the ~2001, I HAD to have one. Voices of Elwood whispering Cop suspension, etc. into my mind.

Almost bought one one on eBay, ex- NYSP in a dark sapphire blue.... Guy had a starting bid of 6500 on it at the time and I got someone to go look at it for me, however, the auction closed (no bids) before my guy got there. I got the pics and offered the 6500, but the guy wanted 7500 now.

It had holes from the light bar in the roof and some NY crustiness underneath so I let it go.

Fast forward to 2007 and on a whim checked ebay and holy smokes here is almost the same car but a different one and it's a mile from my uncles house. I have him go look at it and I buy it.

Same dark sapphire, 140k, fresh Opti, black floor mats, 3rd row delete, spotlight, ticket light, etc. and 9C1 rims. I find out later that the suspension is the same as a regular wagon and aside from the silicone hoses, and other stuff mentioned, it is a stock wagon. Same drum rears, same suspension. The tune did not have the speed governor on it and it was a single key (door key worked the ignition too).

Essentially, there is no premium to the car and is no more desirable than a regular one, unless you just want the bragging rights of having one.
8xx units built total with about 310 of them as LT1 cars (mine was a 94). 70 something in 95, so like 240 in 1994.

Good luck. I bought mine drove it home from PA to FL and wound up selling to a guy in NY 6 months later as the floors were rotting out of it from the salt.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1A2 Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1A2 Wanted   1A2 Wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1A2 Wanted
Page 1 of 1