GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cars bought and sold over the years

Go down 
+4
DBeaSSt
lornejay1
Cadet57
81X11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Cars bought and sold over the years Empty
PostSubject: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

List at the bottom. Post yours!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Way Too Much   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Mike you sure can find the wagons.Looks like it gonna need more than just a door and a fender.Car looks like its
been sitting a long time.
Seriously Mike when I get enough money saved up(yea right)I want you to find yourself a 96 RMW that you really
like and you can keep it for a month.Knowing about your addiction to a spotless wagon after a month I will come
and pick it up.From the pics I have seen of your cars I know that my Texas wagon will be perfect inside and out.
This way you get to indulge your cleaning habit and you will be paid well too.
If the economy was any better, there appears to be enough nice wagons in Texas to keep you really really busy
for a long time.
When I win the lotto I will be calling you.
Take Care
Jim the funny walking man
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 pm

You know it's funny you say that. A week ago I brokered a deal for a 1996 Bonneville for a buddy in Florida that had been looking for a clean older daily driver. It's in my driveway now waiting for this weekend's extreme detailing!

See this link: http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1957686916.html

Car has only 49K miles on it and is totally rust-free. Was owned my a 95 year old man who passed away. It's not fully loaded but is nicely optioned and drives perfect.

It's FILTHY, and needs some trim here and there. he bolted the license plate to the front bumper with wood screws...no joke. Hitting the salvage yards and pulling out the wax and leather treatment and then it's going to my buddy. It will look nearly new when I'm done with it!

I love doing this stuff!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 pm

This is actually a really nice car. I wish I could keep it for my wife, but her Grand Prix has a sunroof and this doesn't, so this is going to my buddy Laird. A little cleaning and some elbow grease and it's going to make him a good car. I love a deal!

Cars bought and sold over the years AnotherBonnie032

Cars bought and sold over the years AnotherBonnie005

Cars bought and sold over the years AnotherBonnie014
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:49 pm

We had a base '96 Bonneville. That was a great freakin car. I miss it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:59 pm

This one's already had the intake plenum done too. I got a big folder with all the service records when I bought it. Car sold new in Tulsa Oklahoma which explains the lack of a front license plate mount. Been in Texas for years, underside is spotless.

I've has two Bonneville's myself, a white 95 and a green 96, but both were mid-level SLE's with sunroofs and such. I loved them both, always wanted an SSE with Supercharger but never got one. When I'm looking on CraigsList I usually look out for clean Bonnys.

And no I'm not a car dealer. I do tend to buy older low-mile cars cheaply off Ebay, clean them up and fix all the little stuff, enjoy them a while, and then put them back on CraigsList... If I make a profit then good deal, but as long as I break even I'm usually happy. This buddy of mine really wanted a 96-99 Riviera but all I was finding were high-mile or beat-up ones. Had been looking locally about a month. When this car popped up last week I sent him the link and he told me to nab it. Done!

I'm just a total car nut and do this stuff for fun. ; ) I've actually bought three cars for a high-school friend in New Jersey, and even delivered them once I refurbished them. He gets a new "Texas Toy" from me every few years. One of my favorites was a black 91 Camaro RS I refurbished for him and then drove up. Went in the fall, T-tops off the ENTIRE trip, and I'm telling you driving across Tennessee, up through Virginia and across Pennsylvania with the tops off was a TOTAL joy. My kinda fun!

I will say my coworker's often play the "what did Mike drive to work today" game at lunch. I work for Dell and I catch hell with some of the cars I drive in to the office. My co-workers are in BMW's and new Tahoe's and such, and I'm in an 88 Cutlass, 79 Buick, or the Roadmoster....ect.....

At least it's easy to find my car in the parking lot after work.....pretty much no matter which car I'm in!

Take care all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:04 pm

I agree with Jim Mike. You are the Forum member of the month,heck maybe all time hands down.

Keep the posts comin,I am enjoying them all.

I also have been meaning to say my Brother in Law bought a 1981 citation X11 brand new. I knew what your handle was rite away.

Us trans Am boys were pretty rough on him, sorry Sad

Cars bought and sold over the years X11
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Ok, I guess I need to post my "20's projects". My first car was a light tan '81 4dr Citation that I turned into a fake X-11 with salvage parts and lots of elbow grease. Chevy never made a 4dr X-11...it was funny.

My 3rd car was a real '81 X-11 and I held onto it for years. It was white, had the factory sunroof, black interior, and 4-spd Muncie. I loved that car. They guy I just picked up that white Bonny for has that 81 X-11 now. I sold it to him a few years back. It's still in good shape.

These were sad but cheap and fun. I learned all about cars on this X-car ; )

Starting Point!
Cars bought and sold over the years BeforePic05

Added fiberglass hood, spoiler, and X-11 wheels:
Cars bought and sold over the years ComingAlong005

Bodywork:
Cars bought and sold over the years 4drCitationBodywork003

Cars bought and sold over the years 4drCitationBodywork002

And my homemade 4dr X-11 pretty much done:
Cars bought and sold over the years 4drX-11HAHA002

Cars bought and sold over the years 4drX-11HAHA001

My REAL '81 Citation X-11

Cars bought and sold over the years 81X-11Pics013

Cars bought and sold over the years 81X-11Pics020

Goofy Fun!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Here's a couple other "before and after" projects cars.

I found the VERY PLAIN burnt orange 4dr Citation in San Antonio. It was a 2.5 iron duke 4cyl, vinyl seats, faded plastic door panels, only option was a/c and automatic, but it had low miles, ran and drive fine (sloooow), and was rust-free....just REALLY UGLY!

I bought it real cheap and fixed it up for my friend Clare, who needed a "runaround" car. The outside cleaned up well, I used the hubcaps and grill from my light tan 4dr that became the X-11 clone, and put a "bordello red" interior in it from an Olds Omega Pick-N-Pull car. ; ) It had the fanciest interior of any Citation ever when I was done. Ha!

Before
Cars bought and sold over the years 824cylTation003

After:
Cars bought and sold over the years OrangeTationUpdate008

Before
Cars bought and sold over the years 824cylTation001

After
Cars bought and sold over the years OrangeTationUpdate009

Before
Cars bought and sold over the years 824cylTation004

After:

Cars bought and sold over the years OrangeTationUpdate006

Cars bought and sold over the years OrangeTationUpdate011

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:40 pm

My first car was almost an X-11. Neat car for it's day. Too bad it had some issues. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm

And this was a recent favorite.

I found this 45K original mile 86 Caprice Classic on the University of Texas campus. A student there had been given the car by her grandmother, and basically didn't want it. Not a "PC - hot chickie" car. She sold it for nothing.

I cleaned it up, did some minor detail and trim work, replaced the bumper fillers, added a complete gauge cluster and wood dash trim from a Brougham, a Eurosport steering wheel, and a set added the Chevy Rally wheels and good RWL tires. This was one of THE BEST cars I ever found. 305 V8 ran like new, drove super. Was a NICE car. This was another one I hated to lose, but you have to make room for the new projects!

Before:
Cars bought and sold over the years 1986Caprice002

Cars bought and sold over the years 1986Caprice003

Cars bought and sold over the years 1986Caprice-beforepics014

After:

Cars bought and sold over the years BoxChevyPics010

Cars bought and sold over the years CapriceDash004

Cars bought and sold over the years CapriceDash002

Cars bought and sold over the years BoxChevyPics002

I love projects!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:57 pm

This was years back. Count them with me! Not one, not two, but THREE ugly Citations in the driveway of my old house. And my wife didn't divorce me! That's love right there. Ha!

Cars bought and sold over the years 824cylTation011

Cars bought and sold over the years 824cylTation012

Insanity must run in my family somewhere back there. ; )

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Thats what I love about you Mike,you say everything with pictures.

I keep hoping a good pic of that camino across the street will be better but you managed to hide it quite well. scratch

You need a nick name, I will see what I can come up with.

Keep the enthusiasm,it is fun having you here. lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: You Have It Worse Than I Thought   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Mike I HATE you all over again.Just Kidding Damn I wish I had documented all of the wondreful cars that I have had the pleasure of tearing up.
Ranges from a 65 Sunbeam Alpine to a 84 5spd T Bird that I leased new and ran thru the ground not into the ground.Also had a 70 Merc Cyclone
429 Cobra Jet 4 spd and factory 4.30 detroit locker that was a nasty fast car for a HS senior with a nasty attitude.
I just got a idea for all wagon nuts!Everybody start list beginning with your first car and all mods and keep writing.It doesnt matter if you only had the car a week write it down and you need to include your motorcycles too!Just something to work on when you are unable to do anything else like me right now.
Mike do you have to have a dealer license in Texas when you buy and sell more than 5 cars in a year?
Take Care
Jim the limping man
Mike is that a black Roadmaster parked behind the 2tone caprice?Always thought that the X-11 was one of the best cars looking cars from that era!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Guess we need to move this thread somewhere else!

To answer the last question first, the black car behind the 2-tone Caprice was my 1995 Supercharged Park Avenue Ultra. Another one I miss, but it gave me some issues so it's not as painful as the Caprice to look at now.

I got the Park Ave at 60K miles. Was a new car trade-in at the local Buick dealer and because of the age went on the wholesale lot. It was LOADED. It had lighted vanity mirrors for the REAR seat, power everything, really a swanky car. BUT the transmission gave up at 65K miles, for no good reason, and I sold it soon after....for a '99 Cadillac Catera Sport. I sold the Catera when the 96 Roadmaster wagon showed up in San Antonio. ; )

Some pics of that Park Ave. I was a really sharp car!

Cars bought and sold over the years NewGrandmaBuick019

Cars bought and sold over the years NewGrandmaBuick018

Cars bought and sold over the years NewGrandmaBuick013

Cars bought and sold over the years NewGrandmaBuick006

Cars bought and sold over the years NewGrandmaBuick012

Cars bought and sold over the years ParkAveUpdate005
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 am

Now to the next questions... I'm sure glad there is no law limiting how many cars I can buy and sell in a year....if there was, I'd be in trouble.

As for the pics, I got my first digitaal camera about 10 years ago (it was HUGE too) and have been documenting all the cars I get. Hope to make a good scrapbook someday!

I don't tend to keep cars long...but I may keep the Roadmaster wagon a long time, I really love it.

As for what I have now.....

Currently in the stable I have the 96 Roadmaster Wagon, a 2001 Grand Prix with/Nascar package (wife's car), the 1979 Buick Limited Coupe (FOR SALE!), the 1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic T-top (love it!), and the basket-case '67 GTO that I adore and will never sell.

Also have the black '03 Suburban and a '97 S-10...but I gave the Burb to my Mom when I got the Grand Prix, and the '97 S-10 went to my father when his 93 S-10 finally wore out last year. It's nice to have the Burb for towing and the pickup for dump and Home Depot runs when needed, and my parents live 5 miles from me so it's easy to swap out when needed.

As for motorcycles, I've got a really nice old 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, my wife rides a '96 Honda Magna, and we still have the bike we learned on, a 1981 Yamaha XS400. We just got into bikes a few years ago. We've bought and sold two Honda Nighthawk 750's, a really nice ST1100 that I regret selling, and a nice vintage '81 Kawasaki KZ750.

No boats, jet-ski's, or airplanes.....yet. ; )
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 am

Oh and Lorne, sad story on that Elky. My neighbor at my old house owned it. It was a '77 El Camino Classic, red over white interior with a black dash. 350 engine, rally wheels. It was a one owner truck, and I tried to buy it around 2001, but he wouldn't sell. He gave it to his 16-year-old son son after, and the kid litterally tore it to pieces. It ended up getting hit in the front and rear, the kid and his friends sat on the roof and hood and dented them all up. It started smoking, and one day I came home and the kid had traded it for a beater Karman Ghia. That's what he had last when I moved. No idea what happened to the Elky, but it was pretty well ruined when it left.. : (

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 am

Jim you had some really neat cars. I never owned one, but one of my friends was a T-Bird nut and had an 87 Turbo Coupe and an 89 Super Coupe. I'm not a big Ford fan but both were 5-spds and really fun to drive. The Super Coupe was FAST, and the Turbo Coupe was just fun. You'd floor it and wait....wait...wait.....ZOOMMMM!! Ha!

One Ford-powered car I'd love to have is a Sunbeam Tiger, even though I'm too fat to fit in it, I think they're neat. If I remember right the Alpine was the same body, right?

And I bet that Merc Cyclone would run....well until you ran out of gears or gas with that low rear end! Ha!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:31 am

Ok..since I'm up anyway and wasting time...lets see if I can put together "the list" for you Jim...jeeze...hmmm.

1972 Cutlass Supreme 2dr coupe. 350 rocket, floor shift and buckets, brown on brown.

1973 Chevy Cheyenne Super 10. Orange and white longbed w/350

1978 Pontiac Grand Safari Wagon, silver over brown. Pontiac 400 V8/turbo 400, rally wheels, LOADED.

1969 Pontiac Lemans Convertible. Was my Mom's since 1983. Converted to a GTO clone at age 15. Red over parchment, was a 350, dropped in a 400. Was a perfect Goat clone, only the VIN gave it away.

1986 Buick Electra Estate wagon. Silver over grey, loaded. Dog slow 307 but really pretty car.

1983 Chevy Citation CS, 4dr. 2.8 V6 automatic. 4dr. Doo-Doo brown w/New Jersey rust. Taught me a lot!

1968 Buick Skylark Custom 4dr hardtop. Light green over black. 350/powerglide. Awesome tail lights/rear bumper design, sadly was also a Jersey rustbucket. Ran super, no 1/4 panels though....bondo...

1983 Citation X-11 - former documented SCCA road racer. A/C and P/S delete. 4spd w/2.8 HO V6. Fast little car...sadly also a Jersey car so rusty.

1983 Isuzu I-Mark, silver over grey w/rust, 4cyl, 5-spd....was called the Buick/Opel in the 70's. This car was old when new! My high school english teacher gave it to me. POS. Hit a deer and totalled it...God Bless that deer.

1979 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham. Rusty blue over faded blue pillowed seats. Smelled like Grandma died in it. Was nearly free and had a good 350 in it. No shocks to speak of. Gave it away to a friend when I left for college. Got pulled over in Berkley Heights New Jersey once because the car looked so bad in that swanky area. The cop told me to "get my rolling hemmoroid out of his town". Ah the joys of being 17 in New Jersey.

1979 L-82 Corvette. Black over red leather, 4spd, Indy spoiler package. GORGEOUS. Now this is a CAR!

1993 S-10 Tahoe pickup. Black on black. 2wd shortbed 4.3 V6 with Camaro-style wheels. Only new vehicle I ever bought to this day, totally reliable and TOUGH. Put over 300K miles on it, gave it to my father and recently traded for Olds Cutlass.

1993 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible. Red over black leather. 3.4 V6. Pretty car but fell apart! SAD!

1984 Olds 98 Regency. 307, burnt orange over red pillowed cloth. Nice big car but dog slow.

1988 Pontiac Grand Prix SE. Black on black, 3.1 V6. Sharp design but ate rear brakes and was not made well.

1987 Olds Ninety-Eight. 3.8 V6, 50K miles. Nice car for a FWD. SOFT seats, SOFT suspension. My brother blew the engine....thanks Dave!

1987 Thunderbird LX Coupe. Wife's car, gold over tan. A TON of miles on it, yellow headlights, dim digital gauges, a/c dead. Sold fast...Fords....ugh

1986 Pontiac Grand Prix LE. Blue over tan. 305 V8, buckets, tach, floor shift, GREAT CAR, miss it.

1981 Citation X-11. White over black, loaded, 2.8 V6- 4spd. Oklahoma car, no rust. Loved this one and kept it 14 years.

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SLE. White over tan leather with gold crosslace wheels. Gorgeous car, first "real" car I bought my wife. Miss it a lot!

1983 Citation 4dr, light tan over white. 2.8 V6 automatic. Made into a 4dr GTO

1983 Citation 4dr, burnt orange, 4cyl, plain and slow but low miles. Fixed up for a friend.

1978 Silverado 10 pickup. Brown over red. 350 V8. Big 10 model. Super truck, would pass everything but the gas stations.

1983 Citation CS Coupe. VERY CLEAN. 2.8 automatic w/console. LOADED. Sold to a friend in New Jersey.

1969 Pontiac Lemans Convertible Sprint 6. Red over black buckets, but a rust-bucket. Thought I could fix it to remind me of my GTO clone. Was all bondo. Sold it soon after. Needed EVERYTHING. Learned a lesson.

1998 Suburban LT 4x4. Huge Maroon gorgeous truck, but gave us problems and didn't keep it long sadly. Was SO sharp looking but something always wrong. Lemon.

1993 Ford Aerostar long-wheelbase van. XL. Looked like a big white dustbuster. Was given to me for free. Body and interior were clean. Transmission shot. Fixed it, was the weakest vehicle I ever owned. Was a 3.0 V6 and could not push it's way through a wet napkin. NO MORE FORDS.

1983 Bonneville Model G station wagon. Bought to fix for my brother. 3.8 V6, auto. Added Pontiac Rally wheels, blacked out trim outside and Grand Prix trim inside. Nice little wagon for what it was.

1996 Suburban LT. Bright red with silver stripes...conversion truck, fancy, 2wd, red leather, loaded. Great truck, reliable as the sun, but our friends called it the "taco wagon" because the stripes made it look a bit "south of the border". Sadly when I sold it that's exactly where it ended up. Si!

2003 Suburban LT. Black on grey leather. 2WD, 5.3 Vortec, loaded. WONDERFUL truck. Put 160K miles on it and gave it to my Mom. Still looks nearly new and runs like a watch.

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE. Dark green over charcoal leather. Loaded, sunroof, low mile car, but gave me some electrical issues so kept it less than a year.

2002 Pontaic Firebird Convertible. Red over grey. Gorgeous, added Ram Air hood. Gave to my Mom once I realized I was to fat for it. Just recently sold it.

1997 S-10 extended cab. 2WD, Tahoe, 4.3 w/5-spd. Good little truck. Fun and fast. Gave to my father last year. 160K miles and still running strong.

1989 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon. Gorgeous. Low miles, CLEAN. 307 was a dog but no other complaints. MISS IT!

1979 Buick Limited Coupe. 403 V8, 50K miles, LOADED. CLEAN. For sale now!

1986 Caprice Classic sedan. Gold over bronze. Added Chevy Rallys and lots of neat details. Great car all around.

1977 Caprice Classic. Yellow and Bronze. Under 100K miles. 305, was really clean but had been hit in the rear. Got from a co-worker. Refurbished and gave to a friend.

1988 Iroc-Z convertible. RUSTY and purple. Another project that was more than I wanted to tackle once I dove in. Sold it after 6-months.

1995 Park Avenue Ultra. 50K miles. Black over grey leather. About the fanciest car I've had.

1999 Cadillac Catera Sport. Neat car, 90Kmiles, white over black leather. Despite the bad reputation this was a really nice car. Only sold it when I found the white 73K miles Roadmaster wagon.

1996 Roadmaster "GS" wagon. NUFF SAID!

1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic. 307 V8, floor shift, buckets, gauges, t-tops. Always wanted one of these. Not for sale!

1967 GTO Coupe. Plum Mist, 400/400 dual gate. Backet case but she'll be pretty one day!!

2001 Grand Prix Sedan, Special Edition Nascar package w/chrome wheels, roof rails, larger spoiler, black on black. Nice ride.

There's lots more that I bought to re-sell....but these are all ones that were part of my life for more than a month.

And again, as for motorcycles, I've got a really nice old 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, my wife rides a '96 Honda Magna, and we still have the bike we learned on, a 1981 Yamaha XS400. We just got into bikes a few years ago. We've bought and sold two Honda Nighthawk 750's, a really nice ST1100 that I regret selling, and a nice vintage '81 Kawasaki KZ750.

No boats, jet-ski's, or airplanes.....yet. ; )

Night all!

-Mike

Cars bought and sold over the years New09007

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:27 am

Wow, that's quite a list. You just might be threatening toomanytoyz status as the resident car slut. Razz

I'm gonna move this to the Pics section, you can rename your thread if you like. Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks and sorry for getting carried away last night!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:53 am

No problem! Thanks for sharing your pics!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Well the Bonny is going to the new owner this weekend. I had to replace the programmer to get the a/c to blow out the dash vents. It would only blow out the dash and floor when I bought it. Also ended up replacing a panel on one of the leather seat bolsters and putting a new headliner in it. Interior looks brand new now.

It's at the window tint shop right now. I just went to check on it, and they had just pulled it out. Not the best pics, but enjoy. Tint looks awesome. I love dark tint on a white car.

I've got to wax and detail it tonight, and touch up a few spots here and there, and get the road tar off the lower body. They it's done! I'll miss this one. At 49K miles it runs and drives like a brand new car. Everything is TIGHT! Nice ride.

Cars bought and sold over the years AFriday004

Cars bought and sold over the years AFriday005

Cars bought and sold over the years AFriday006

Cars bought and sold over the years AFriday007

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Oh and I've got to install the new bumper reflector I got at the salvage yard. Forgot that!
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Started out in order of appearance, ended up being as I remembered them....

1. 1990 Buick Century, 52K (Wrecked)
2. 1992 Ford Explorer, 104K (My Mom Decided She wanted it)
3. 1990 Buick Century, 90K (Traded)
4. 1992 Buick Lesabre 95K (Traded)
5. 1992 Chevy Caprice, 43K (Engine Blew Up)
6. 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix, 116K (Sold)
7. 1998 Buick Century, 48-170K (Bad Head Gasket/Traded)
8. 1994 Buick Century, 112K (Sold)
9. 1994 Buick Park Avenue, 190K (Sold for $50)
10. 1993 Buick Lesabre, 285K (Sold)
11. 1991 Chevy Caprice Classic, 146K (Sold)
12. 1995 Saturn SL1, 185K (Sold)
13. 1996 Ford Taurus Wagon, 138K (Sold)
14. 1995 Chevy Caprice Wagon, 313K (Sold)
15. 1993 Pontiac Bonneville, 135K (Sold)
16. 1992 Pontiac Bonneville, 135K (Sold)
17. 1992 Buick Roadmaster Wagon, 153K (Sold)
18. 1984 Chevy Caprice Classic, 272K, (Sold)
19. 1995 Chevy Caprice Wagon 169K (Traded)
20. 1994 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, 158K (Sold)
21. 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wagon, 114K (Sold)
22. 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wagon, 172K (Returned for partial refund)
23. 1997 Chevy Cavalier, 148K (Sold)
24. 1995 Buick Lesabre, 208K (Junked-Rotted Away)
25. 1996 Pontiac Bonneville, 204K (Sold)
26. 2003 Chevy Trailblazer 48K-165K (Current Car-Wife's)
27. 1991 Chevy Caprice Classic, 77K (Current Car)
28. 1999 Buick Century, 199K (Current Car)
29. 2000 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible (Motor Blew Up, Sold for $200)
30. 1992 Chevy Caprice, 138K (Parts Car)
31. 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix, 139K (Tranny Died)
32. 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 191K (Sold)
33. 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT, 177K (Current Car-Daughter #1's)
34. 2000 Chrysler Concorde, 166K (Current Car-Daughter #2's)

Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 pm

My list is no where near that long!

1. 1986 Monte Carlo LS (my first car). 305, don't remeber milage.Stolen from my work and totaled by my insurance, would not sell it back to me.
2. 1987 Lesabre Custom. 3.8l, 152k. Rebuilt the engine with my father, he bought the car new. Still have it, not has classic plates on it
3. 1985 C-20 pickup. 305, 106k. My father's old truck that is parked for now, needs exhaust work.
4. 2002 Sebring sedan. 2.7l 76k. First car I bought myself, was replaced by my RMW, now my brother drives it.
5. 1987 Toyota 1-ton pickup. 22RE, 250k. I don't like toyotas, but my friend sold me this for $100 when it ran out of gas. Sits at my friends house, he uses it for dump trips.
6. 1995 DCM RMW. 102k. Bought this in 2007, my first B-body and the best car I ever bought, semi daily driver
7. 1996 Ram 2500. 318, 130k. My primary truck
8. 1995 LDM Caprice wagon. 197k, semi primary daily driver.
9. 1997 Riviera. 3800 supercharged, 102k. Shares DD responsibilites with my wagons.
10. 1982 C30 pickup. 350, unknown milage. Traded a lawn tractor for it, sold in July.
11. 1975 Impala coupe. 350, 250k. My father's old car he bought new. Sitting in a garage wating for a restore.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Wow...interesting topic. To spare everyone from reading a never-ending list, I'll limit it to just b-body GM vehicles....

1. 93 9c1, beige, driver for 4 years, sold
2. 89 9c1, blue/white, driver for 6 months, sold
3. 85 civi caprice sedan black/white, driver for a couple months, sold
4. 92 9c1, sliver, bought cheap, flipped it for extra $$$$
5. 94 9c1, white, pos, never got to drive it....
6. 94 B4u sedan, grey, driver for 6 months, sold
7. 95 WX3, DCM, driver for 6 months, sold
8. 94 9c1, DCM, driver for about a year, sold
9. 92 Caprice Wagon, red, driver for a couple years, cloned to 1A2, sold
10. 94 B4u caprice sedan, LDM, driver for year, sold
11. 95 9c1, brown/tan, driver for 4 months, sold
12. 93 RMW, DGGM, driver for 4 months, traded for....
13. 93 9c1, black, driver for 6 months, sold
14. 95 Caprice Wagon, LDM, driver for 6 months, sold
15. 93 RMS, white, driver for a year, sold
16. 92 RMS, black, driver for 4 months, traded off
17. 90 9c1, black/white, drove for a month, sold
18. 92 9c1, white, bought totaled with deer damage, rebuilt, drove for 6 months, sold
19. 95 Caprice Wagon, white, current driver since Feb.

I really thought that list would be longer, I'm kinda dissapointed, lol....Over the years I've had some mint B-Body's, and I hate the fact that in most cases I had to use them as money makers. I always knew the cheap supply of them would eventually run out. I just wish I had big money so I could have kept them all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Here Goes   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 pm

This is my list and I use to think there were a lot of cars until Texas Mike
1962 VW Beetle My yard car
65 Sunbeam Alpine 1598 cc of awesome power Fill up the oil and check the gas
67 Mustang 289 3spd dual exhaust and cherry bombs I learned the art of high speed coasting to sneak home
70 Mercury Cyclone 429 cobra jet 4spd 4.30 detroit locker Owned street racing with that car way too much car for a 17year old
73 Chevelle 350 bench seat date car Bought New
67 Galaxie 500 Fastback 390 work car
75 Monte Carlo 350 Red No vinyl roof black interior Bought New
73 Chev PU 350 4WD
75 Dodge Van Fully Customized during the Van Craze 318 Sweet Bought New
74 Mercury Capri V-6 automatic Nice little car
74 El Camino SS
70 Vette Went thru 3 small blocks with this one
70 Monte Carlo 350 4 barrel Dark Green No Vinyl Roof dark green interior
72 International Travelall 4wd 345 v8 awesome offroader
80 T-bird black on black no vinyl roof Bought New
84 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5spd Bought New
88 F-150 300 6 and 5spd Lariat Bought New
90 Dodge Caravan Business Van Bought New
84 Thunderbird Business Failed 83 E150 Ford Customized Van 93 Buick Regal 91 OCC My Baby and had longer than any of my previous cars
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 am

Im pretty bored so heres mine

83 olds cutlass 2dr yellow with gray interior v8 swap - first car needed too much work owned for a couple months sold

Cars bought and sold over the years 7321940035_large

92 chevy caprice sedan gun metal gray with gray interior no options 174k-184k - drove daily for a year wrecked

Cars bought and sold over the years 8278610032_large

92 acura legend 4dr black with black leather automatic 200k+ - was girlfriends daily driver owned for 6 months wrecked

92 acura legend 4dr tan with tan leather 5spd 300k+ - was my commuter car sold owned for 6 months (owned both at same time)

Cars bought and sold over the years 30228610001_large

92 chevy caprice 9c1 silver with blue interior bonny seat swap 163k - was daily driver impounded owned for 8 months drove it for 2

Cars bought and sold over the years 26671720001_large

91 olds cutlass 4dr silver with blue interior 100k - was girlfriends daily driver rehabilitated and sold owned for 3 months

Cars bought and sold over the years 30238750001_large

94 buick roadmaster wagon dcm woody with tan leather 110k - was daily only owned for a few thousand miles then wrecked (engine is now in my current caprice stored car for a year before pulling motor)

Cars bought and sold over the years 30228590010_large

92 olds eighty eight red with red interior and alloys 80k - sold to double my money owned 2 weeks

Cars bought and sold over the years 31124910001_large

91 chevy caprice red with gray interior 83k - traded in for next car as it was extremely rusty owned for a month

Cars bought and sold over the years 31124950007_large

95 olds eighty eight light adriatic blue with blue interior 117k-164k - CURRENT girlfriends daily driver (we owned for 2 years now)

Cars bought and sold over the years 31741310016large

95 chevy caprice white and gray 2 tone with gray interior L99 zero options 135k - daily driven and then sold for profit to buy my current caprice owned for 3 months

Cars bought and sold over the years L_ec346a79c5c347d197bb3e5b73a345a3

94 chevy caprice ls black with red leather modded 120-138k - CURRENT my toy not a daily driver owned for about 20 months now

Cars bought and sold over the years 34298443506large

97 olds eighty eight tan with tan interior 128k - bought for $100 used as daily then sold to junk man for $200 owned for 6 months

Cars bought and sold over the years 33284780014_large

94 olds silhouette van tan with tan interior 3800 motor loaded 134k - CURRENT road trip car owned for over a year FOR SALE owned for over a year

Cars bought and sold over the years 33605700018_large

96 buick regal red with red interior 140k - rehabilitated and then traded for next car owned for 3 months

Cars bought and sold over the years 38649730006large

94 chevy camaro z28 convertible black with tan interior auto trans 158k - CURRENT was daily for end of summer FOR SALE owned for a couple months

Cars bought and sold over the years 38757124016large

92 buick roadmaster sedan limited with presi top gun metal gray with red leather 124k - CURRENT picked this up cheap using as a daily driver winter beater owned for a few weeks

Cars bought and sold over the years 38833734020large

thats all...

until the next deal rolls along!!!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Here's my final pics of the Bonny from this weekend after I detailed it. The new owner is thrilled with it. I hated to see it go, it really came out well. Looked like a new car. It was FILTHY when I got it, lots of paint scuffs, nicks, and damaged trim, and it smelled like an old man inside. After lots of elbow grease, some salvage yard trim parts, a headliner, window tint, compound and wax...and lots of leather conditioner, it's gorgeous!

I love a project and that was a really good one. Lots of fun. Oh and the car just rolled over 50K miles last night. Not a bad deal for a 14-year old car. Hated seeing the tail lights leaving my driveway.

I'm ready for my next project! (don't tell my wife....hehe) : )

Final Bonny Pics.

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny018

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny004

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny003

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny009

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny011

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny010

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny014

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny012

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny007

Cars bought and sold over the years WeekendWorkBonny006

Last edited by 81X11 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm loving the lists. Lots of neat cars ya'll have had. Enjoying all the pics too!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 am

Just remembered that I Have had a few fast bikes!
Quick List
1.1968 Allstate 50cc Scooter My Very First Bike and I rode that scooter everywhere
2.1970 Triumph Dual Purpose I think it was a TR250
3.1972 H-2 750cc Kawasaki 3cyl 2-stroke Monster {It was the fastest production stock bike in the world from 1972 to 1979.This beast would come "on the pipe"so abruptly you could stand it on the tailight at 80mph in 3rd gear.I was always scared of that bike and I put about 12000miles on it in 2 years
4.1973 Kawasaki Z-1 903cc 4cyl 4 strke Awesome bike and joy to ride very smooth and fast without being scary
5.1982 Honda CBX 6cyl inline aircooled ferrari on 2 wheelsLoved this one at first sight and the sound is incredible with original exhaust
6.1982 Honda 500XL On/Off ROad Dual Purpose 500cc Thumper 1cyl Awesome bike but never could stop the oil leaks
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 am

That 82 CBX IS a monster. Neat list!

I want a Yamaha V-Max. My dream bike. I keep looking at late 90's-early 2000's "Mad Max's". I could almost swing one but I'd have to sell my Seca 750 and I love that old bike too much to sell it.

Ahh toys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:18 am

I've only owned three cars. One ended up being commandeered by the family when dad got into an accident. It was (is) a 1993 Mazda 929. It had 64 or 65k on it when we got it and it needed a water pump. The guy who brought it to the dealership didn't want to deal with it because it was his third or fourth car, so he signed the title over to my mom, and I paid a mechanic at the dealership to fix it for me under the table. But when dad got wrecked it was decided they needed a car more for work than I did for screwing around and driving to school, when buses were readily availible. Here's a photo of dad standing next to it:

Cars bought and sold over the years L1b1217a410c3d3656d5f14

Currently it has 109k and counting, but the interior is falling apart all over the place thanks to the Florida sun - and parts are next to impossible to come by. I'm glad I don't have it anymore, kind of. But at the same time, it was decently quick, and RWD, which is always a plus!

Next up, is a '94 Fleetwood I got from my uncle. I never officially found out what was wrong with it, but it needed work, and new tires, and some other stuff and I decided I would never have enough money to (possibly) get it roadworthy AND register and insure it, so I tried to sell it, but got no bites. Ended up parting it out and selling the motor/trans to a guy who wanted them to build something for a Roadmaster wagon he had. Kinda funny how things work sometimes, isn't it? Here's a photo of it parked next to the 929 (at this time, it was out of my possession for over 3 years, so basically it was dad's 929)

Cars bought and sold over the years 1222161651

Parting out the Fleetwood netted me about $1200. Not bad for a non-running car, and I figure that's more than I'd have got in an outright sale anyway. Plus it helped other cars. I toyed with the idea of a wagon, I wanted the space. I looked at a bunch, all of them had crazy mileage or ridiculous issues (one was rusted in all of the door frames, guy wanted $2500 for it, crazy...) Well, I found the one I have now. Smile And thus, you guys get me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars bought and sold over the years   Cars bought and sold over the years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cars bought and sold over the years
Page 1 of 1