GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas Salvage Yard Finds

Go down 
+3
lornejay1
Cadet57
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Texas Salvage Yard Finds Empty
PostSubject: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:17 am

Sad Stuff. Most of these were Obama Cash for Clunkers victims...

Texas Salvage Yard Finds SanAntonioMD010

Texas Salvage Yard Finds SanAntonioMD007

Texas Salvage Yard Finds SanAntonioMD006

Texas Salvage Yard Finds Harolds002

Texas Salvage Yard Finds Harolds001

Texas Salvage Yard Finds Dallaswgn

Texas Salvage Yard Finds CEphoto

Texas Salvage Yard Finds SanAntonioMD002

Texas Salvage Yard Finds Decaphoto

Texas Salvage Yard Finds BugDal
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 am

I see quite a few pairs of quarters that would make us New England guys happy Laughing

Btw, if you ever head back to the JY where that gray Caprice is, I could really use the belt trim on the passenger side over the rear wheel well. Wink
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 am

grab that rear glass from that grey one as well,everyone should have a spare one of those for sure.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:10 am

I need the handle for the 3rd row seat panel...the locking one, off the blue caprice...ole buddy ol pal, lol.....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:15 am

Look what I started Laughing
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:33 am

I need the lower (Driver Rear Door) chrome trim from one of the Caprice Wagons.

On a side note, I thought C4C cars had to be crushed after 6 months?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Better grab that RM grille. Those go for decent money too.

I see nothing but dollar signs looking in that yard. LOL I need to visit the one here in Jacksonville....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Amazing Example of Americas Waste   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I bet you wont post another JY photo again will you Mike?I saw hardly any damage due to a wreck on any of those
wagons.Damn even the Texas JY wagons look nicer than the DD up north do.
Mike you could make a lot of wagon fans up in the rust belt very happy if you want to start stripping wagons.
I even saw someone with back door sail panels on ebay last week.
Something to think about!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 pm

94Woody wrote:

On a side note, I thought C4C cars had to be crushed after 6 months?

I read that too, but there are still a few cars in my local JY that have CFC/ Bad Motor written on them that are getting picked thru.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Man, bring a sawzall and cut out those rear quarters on all of em. I'll even buy a set for myself.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:33 pm

The pics almost remind me of Where's Waldo.

See if you can spot Mike's little tool set in the pics. Laughing

I can only find it in 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:35 pm

LOL Damn I just went back and looked for the tool set in all of them. Look what you did!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:26 am

Sorry Gang, those are three hours away in Dallas...actually Fort Worth.

I'm be back up there in a few weeks with tools and camera in hand. My in-laws live there...and I hide in the salvage yards... ; )

Oh and there are a TON of CFC cars still in the yards here. Don't think they're enforcing the rules too hard on those.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:28 am

The white Buick with the Texas plate still on the front bumper is at Harolds Salvage about 20-mins away. It's pretty picked over though.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:33 am

I did nab a spare Collector's Edition hood ornament off the white Buick with the tan Vista Roof trim leaning on the bumper. That car was CLEAN....sad to see it clunkered.

Also got a spare pair of sunshade rods for the Vista roof, and another chrome flush sliding roof rail.

NOT ONE of these cars had the dark red inside door handle trim I need...or a good drivers front door panel. Needle in a haystack!!

I'll let everyone know before my next yard trip...so you can give me the "wanted" lists. I'll be looking for Roadmaster and Cutlass parts now.

Toys!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Salvage Yard Finds   Texas Salvage Yard Finds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas Salvage Yard Finds
Page 1 of 1