GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Automatic Level Control Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dnvrdisc

Automatic Level Control Problem Empty
PostSubject: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:28 pm

I have a '95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon. The problem is that whenever Leave the car(and sometimes when I get it!) the compressor on the ALC turns on and runs for awhile. I have replaced the rear air shocks and installed new air lines, but it continues to happen. Is there anyone who has experienced this problem and did you find a solution? I'd be grateful for any advice!
Thank you,
Bob, In Colorado
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Short answer is that you have an air leak sommers.

Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm

If the problem was an air leak, wouldn't the compressor run all the time?
Bob(dnvrdisc)
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 pm

No, it runs for 7 min then auto shuts off.

Turn the key to the "on" position for a sec or 2, then turn off. Compressor should kick on within 15 seconds and run until either it is level, or times out.

If it does this every time, you have a leak.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

If it times out (about 7 minutes) then you still have a serious leak, or the vent valve is open. If it just cycles too much and you have replaced all the lines, shocks etc., then check the "O" ring between the accumulator (black canister thing that the air line connects to) and the compressor. This drys out over time and creates a slow leak.

Bill
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:50 am

Thank you all for the advice...I'll be checking these ideas out tomorrow(before the Colorado cold weather gets here!)
Keep 'em rolling!
Bob(dnvrdisc)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Level Control Problem   Automatic Level Control Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automatic Level Control Problem
Page 1 of 1