GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heater core AGAIN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

I took Jordan to a Dr appt in Chapel Hill today and right when I got there lost another heater core. That's the second one in the same place. I kinda hate that it happens 75 miles from home but I found out if you top off the rad tank and don't stop the car will make it home. Stoplights kind of suck though, especially when the car starts heating in front of mcDonalds and you have to buy a happy meal while the car cools down.

At this point it wouldn't take much to follow me - just look for the oil and antifreeze. Wonder why I still love my car?

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Stop scaring me Jon! Jeez I'm scared to start my car now! I bought my Roadmaster because after my Caddy Catera I wanted a reliable car!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:10 pm

You are afraid of a heater core? What else? Monsters under you bed?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 pm

No...I'm afraid of the nightmares I've been reading about faulty heater cores and Opti-Sparks and water pumps... I've done my water pump already, but my heater core and opti are original, and there sure seem to be a lot of crappy replacements being sold.

; )
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:09 pm

81X11 wrote:
Stop scaring me Jon! Jeez I'm scared to start my car now! I bought my Roadmaster because after my Caddy Catera I wanted a reliable car!

Theres part of your problem. You tried to use Caddy Catera and reliable in the same sentence. Wink

jayoldschool wrote:
What else? Monsters under you bed?

Yes. As well as the dark, my last ex girlfriend, horses, spiders and Crovo when we tell him there are no more hamburgers.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am

could there be something locking up the line causing higher than normal pressure in the heater causing them to pop?????
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 am

81X11 wrote:

Best thing to do is just ship your RMW to me and then you won't face all this lol! If the monsters scare you you might want to stay in this weekend.

In all fairness, the first heater core was a used one. Another member here helped me out and I greatly appreciate it. It worked like it was supposed to when I put it in but bottom line is it was still a 16 year old heater core.

A little off topic here but I wanted to point out that I' have put 2 - 3 years worth of miles on the car since July. From July 5 until today I've driven it 35,908.7 miles. Parts are bound to wear out faster timewise. Hitting the deer really sucked but otherwise I'm not complaining, this is to be expected. I really need to retire this car and get another for the route but through all this I still love to drive it!

Now it's off to get a new core. Hey, at least I practiced replacing one already. It only took 35 mins this morning to get the old one out.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heater core AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater core AGAIN   Heater core AGAIN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heater core AGAIN
Page 1 of 1