GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thanksgiving Fun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:03 am

Hope everyone had a great holiday. We had a really nice visit with the family, ate WAY too much, watched the Cowboys play....badly, and then watched The Crazies....intersting movie.

Wild weather, the "Blue Norther" came in at 1pm. It was 81 degrees at noon, then at 1pm the wind switches from south to north, and by 2pm the temp was 53 degrees! Like God turned the a/c on....always a shock when we get these. It's 38 degrees right now...was 78 last night at this time. Ouch and BRRRR. And yes, the heater in the Roadmaster DOES work!

My in-laws came down from Dallas in their new car. If you remember, we got their old 2001 Grand Prix GT a few months back. Love the Grand Prix despite having to do some work on it. The in-laws replaced it with a.....ready for this....4cyl Ford Fusion. Ouch. My father-in-law said they got a great deal on it....and I hope they did...but no leather, 4cyl, and hubcaps....I have a feeling once the "new" wears off this car will get replaced pretty quick. It is actually larger than the Grand Prix...I thought it would be smaller. Parked the GP behind it and showed my in-laws all the work I'd done on it.

I was nice and polite when they pulled up in the Fusion, but I'm just not a Ford person, and think it was a step down from the Grand Prix. They are both retired now, so he set a budget and stuck to it. Said Chevy would not deal on a Malibu and since Pontiac is dead he stopped at the Ford dealer. Got to give them credit for sticking to a budget, but when they get ready to replace this new car my brother-in-law can have it...HA!

Thanksgiving Fun Nov25010
Thanksgiving Fun Nov25001
Thanksgiving Fun Nov25002
Thanksgiving Fun Nov25007

Happy Thanksgiving all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am

Morning Mike and I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving.I think that the Grand Prix is a much better looking car and faster too.I wonder
what kind of gas mileage the fusion gets compared to the Grand Prix.
Was worried about Dad and how he would handle the holiday without Mom but he did great.Every time he has a good cry he starts apoligizing to
everyone around him.I think I finally got him to understand that after 58 years together he has a right to cry and noone will question his reasons
for crying.That old saying that "real men dont cry"is a bunch of bullcrap.Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and now you have Chrismas to get ready
for.........
Take care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Glad somebody had a good thanksgiving. Mine sucked. I had to stay up in Jacksonville because I had to work today (Friday). Then my great grandparents invited me for dinner to their house and said they'd pick me up. Cool. Then Thursday at 10am they call me and say they decided not to cook and are carpooling with my cousin to his wife's grandmother's house.

So no turkey for me. I feel cheated. Sad
Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Great Idea    Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Hey Mike I saw the hood shot of your grand prix and it gave me a idea.I wonder how hard it would be to transplant those backwards facing
hood scoops
in our wagons hood.I would definitely set them in with the openings facing forward instead of backwards.Who knows how to magically
configure these hoodcoops in the right position?Hows about you Mike?
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 am

Jim I sure am sorry to hear about your Dad. What a loss and I'm sure the holidays make it feel even more so. And I agree, after nearly 60 years he has every right to show his feeling without feeling guilty.

Best wishes to you and your family.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:20 am

Oh and to answer your question, the 4cyl Fusion gets about 32mpg on the highway. The 3800 V6 Grand Prix gets around 28 on the highway, so not a huge difference.

I'd take the Grand Prix any day of the week. ; )
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:24 am

Sorry to hear it wasn't much of a holiday in Florida. I hope you at least got out to a movie or something.

Last Thanksgiving I was driving back from New Jersey to Texas. I had "Thanksgiving Dinner" at a Waffle House in Winchester Virginia....the only place I could find open. Ha!

Hope next year is much better!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:32 am

Hey Jim as for the hood scoops on the GP, those were part of the '01 Nascar Special Edition package and the '02 40th anniversary package. They are fairly rare now, and were supposed to look like the 1970's Trans Am front fender ducts. They do....but are larger than the ones those Trans Ams had.

Not sure how they'd look backwards but who knows!

They are actually connected to ductwork under the hood....not much of a Ram Air package but more of a heat vent setup.

-Mike

Thanksgiving Fun CleanGP025
Thanksgiving Fun CleanGP029
Thanksgiving Fun CleanGP030

Last edited by 81X11 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks Mike for those kind words,and you are so right about showing your feelings.One of my old girlfriends who came to my moms funeral said
that all of us Gordons carry our hearts on our shoulders or something like that.Not sure if thats the right way to phrase her remark but it was
something like that.She says it is going to take a while for everything to sink in and I still hear her calling me late at night.I took care of her 24/7
for the last 3 years of her life and now suddenly I seem to be at a loss for things to do.
Take care Mike and thanks for the kind words
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:44 am

Hey Mike forgot to ask you if a black Trans Am steering wheel would work for you.Still would need paint but thats no big deal.I left a message for this guy tonite to call me
back with a price.He lives in Norfolk so let me know if you are interested.
Gotta Go!!!!!!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanksgiving Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Fun   Thanksgiving Fun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Fun
Page 1 of 1