GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Empty
PostSubject: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 am

Hi all,

just in case you don't cruise the drivetrain section often, I've been organizing and updating that section quite a bit lately and putting some new information in. I just posted what is hopefully an erudite and coherent answer to the question of "should I change the fluid in this trans when I don't know if it's ever been changed before?" There are some other good threads up there listed in the sticky links. Check them out.

Joel

Drivetrain section link.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 pm

why not copy and paste stuff over here?, so when the issf dumps , the info is still available,.
It,s not proprietary info.

nick
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Agreed. doubtful it's proprietary, particularly since Joel was the source for much of it.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Guys, it's hard enough to maintain content in one lousy place, and then keep it up to date. I started posting stuff over here but it just became more work than it was worth.

And ISSF isn't dumping anytime soon. Trust me, the company that bought ISSF paid good money for the posts and the membership, and they will NOT be letting anything drop. They have a very strong reason to protect the content. If you notice, all posts starting the day the ownership changed hands are no longer able to be edited. Additionally, their server solution is pretty robust. They take advantage of economies of scale that most individual forum owners cannot.

If you're interested and have time to kill, study the business model of companies that are buying internet forums. It's quite enlightening. I'm not saying I think it's great, just that it's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Guys, it's hard enough to maintain content in one lousy place, and then keep it up to date. I started posting stuff over here but it just became more work than it was worth.

And ISSF isn't dumping anytime soon. Trust me, the company that bought ISSF paid good money for the posts and the membership, and they will NOT be letting anything drop. They have a very strong reason to protect the content. If you notice, all posts starting the day the ownership changed hands are no longer able to be edited. Additionally, their server solution is pretty robust. They take advantage of economies of scale that most individual forum owners cannot.

If you're interested and have time to kill, study the business model of companies that are buying internet forums. It's quite enlightening. I'm not saying I think it's great, just that it's pretty interesting.

so who bought it and why am i still banned,. and who's moderators now?? or is just the same **** in a different pot,.

so you don't want to put any effort in over here?? but you will over there??

well,. i,m not sure what to say to that,. 'cept mebbe you oughtta buy a sedan??

nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 pm

I work for one of those companies that buys forums up. They own LS1tech, CorvetteForum, and thirdgen.org (among many many others). I write content for two of their non forum websites, autos.com and carsdirect.com (and I'm an occasional ghost writer for CorvetteForum). It's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 pm

If you dont mind,does this type of writing work pay good and how does one get into it?Just curious Sting!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 pm

It doesn't pay very well at all, honestly. It's just something fun to do in my spare time. I maybe, on a GOOD month, get $50. Articles range from 200 to 600 words and pay ranges accordingly from $3 to $10 per. The month before I started college I devoted a lot of time to it and brought in $200 which was nice to have to buy dorm things, but really it isn't a full time job by any means. I found it through a Craigslist ad, actually. I was skeptical at first but when I responded to the ad with a phone number (one of those free Internet voicemail boxes) and requested they call, they did. The man on the phone sounded genuine, so I called back with my real phone number and we spoke, and they had me do two sample articles on basic topics that they chose, and then I could do one automotive topic of my choosing.

It's fun, but there haven't been any assignments in awhile as they're restructuring the way they get assigned, etc.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:36 am

phantom 309 wrote:

so who bought it and why am i still banned,. and who's moderators now?? or is just the same **** in a different pot,.

so you don't want to put any effort in over here?? but you will over there??

well,. i,m not sure what to say to that,. 'cept mebbe you oughtta buy a sedan??

nick

Some company that owns a lot of other auto related message boards, Autoguide, now owns it. Same **** in a different pot with same mods and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:

I am a member of a website that got bought by one of those companies. It has turned into a shell of its former self. Profit and lack of content are the special of the day there. Shame as it used to be a top notch website. Not saying the ISSF will go that route, I just am cautious whenever I see sites get bought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section   Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots of good transmission info over on ISSF drivetrain section
Page 1 of 1