GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

trans question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

trans question Empty
PostSubject: trans question   trans question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Picture this:

Driving 25 MPH in a residential zone. "Blip" the gas and there is intake noise, but no increase in either RPM or speed. Manually put trans in second gear (no change in RPM or speed). Blip again, and this time my head hits the headrest. Felt like it was manual transmission with clutch completely out. Put it back into overdrive, blip, and again, nothing but noise.

At first I thought it was the trans going south, but now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking it's the cable connected to the throttle linkage? Is there a writeup on how to test or adjust this damn thing?

This thing is driving me crazy! Anyone have any suggestions?

Robert
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: trans question   trans question Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:26 am

I've never been very good at transmission issues so I doubt I can be much help. However, to my knowledge, there is no "kick down" cable from the throttle to the trans on the LT1 cars, it's all handled by the computer.

Odd that the RPM's didn't increase though. If you're hearing the throttle noise (I love that sucking sound, lol! ) then there should be at least a small bump in RPM's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: trans question   trans question Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:22 am

Mike, it was just a blip. Not long at all. I'll take a video later today.... I need to go to Jacksonville and get a new truck today cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trans question Empty
PostSubject: Re: trans question   trans question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trans question
Page 1 of 1