GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question for you grey hairs on here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

question for you grey hairs on here Empty
PostSubject: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Any of you know if the olds tornado transaxle is the same as the Eldorado trans axle, and would the olds trans axle bolt up to a caddy 500?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 pm

I think yes on the first one, and I know yes on the second one. It's just a BOP pattern TH400 cut in half with a chain drive connecting the halves.

What are you up to? I dabble in Cadillac, too.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 pm

jayoldschool wrote:

What are you up to?

Oh Nutt'n silent
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 am

Jays right. The transmission and transaxle are identical in both cars. The difference probably is in the drive axle layout. Do know the Caddy ran one axle through the oil pan but don't know if the Olds used the same layout.

The GM Motorhome used this transaxle as well but usually with the Olds engine. The 500 Caddy really made these things dance, well as much as a 8,000 lb anything can dance. If I could find one of these motorhomes in reasonable shape I would pick it up in a heart beat assuming the price was right. The only real attempt to make a purpose built vehicle from the ground up, as opposed to gluing a box on someone elses chassis.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 am

Funny you should mention that, Bill. On the Caddy forum there was a discussion about those and a few guys found links to nice ones for sale not too long ago. They're crazy looking, but definitely awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 pm

question for you grey hairs on here I039534

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:31 pm

EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question for you grey hairs on here   question for you grey hairs on here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question for you grey hairs on here
Page 1 of 1