GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WagonLover

WagonLover

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Empty
PostSubject: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 am

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) RandomAirbushThingsHOLLAATCHABOY009

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) RandomAirbushThingsHOLLAATCHABOY007

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) RandomAirbushThingsHOLLAATCHABOY005

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) RandomAirbushThingsHOLLAATCHABOY003

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) RandomAirbushThingsHOLLAATCHABOY001

Just my beginning stages.. this was all with a single action airbrush.. i invested in a daul action one.. but my compressor wont handle the air so now i need to invest in a new compressor.. but like anything else it all takes practice.. freehand will be comming soon..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Keep on keepin on dude. I start airbrush classes on monday.
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 am

Thats sweet man.. i wish i knew where to go to classes for airbrushing.. good luck with that!..
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am

Well here's how mine works out - every public school district sends out a seasonal flyer full of workshops and classes that anyone can take. There's everything from Airbrushing that costs several hundred dollars and lasts several weeks to a 2 hour class for $20 to learn how to use sites like craigslist and facebook. There's a ton of stuff that looks interesting too - jewlery making, glass blowing, guitar, you name it, they'll teach you how to do it.

Anyway, I don't live in the district my classes are being held, but I found out about them via word of mouth. I called that high school, got bounced around to the right people, and got my name on the list for a catalog. From there, you're only a phone call and a Mastercard away from enrollment.

It's a little steep, but the first session includes the airbrush and supplies - and the instructor is a nationally known guy who's even done several monster trucks and custom bikes for celebs, etc. Check out some of the work on his site @ www.brianashleyairbrushing.com

I'll probably end up giving the guy about $1000 total, but I know that I'll get that back in one flame job. I'm super stoked

Anyway, here's what I'd do - I'd start with calling my local paint shops and ask them if they know of ANYWHERE where you can take airbrush classes - if they don't get you any answers, I'd start calling high schools and ask to be bounced to whoever handles the community recreational classes, and lastly - if necessary - I'd visit a local RC/hobby shop and ask one of the virgins there if they know anything.

I'm sure there's got to be something available near you - but it may take you a little digging to get there.

Good luck and keep posting pix of your progress!
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4463
The super finger(Dane cook)

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4397
Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4393
Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4391
Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4390
Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4386
Hoodie that i did for my buddie

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4379

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4378
Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4377

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4312
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Im a bit much into fabric airbrushing.. i found this stuff "freezer paper".. you cut out a design and iron it to the fabric and you have a perfect stencil.. but once agian this is with a single action airbrush.. hopefully about a month or so i will have a dual action compressor.. i have the gun just the compressor i have now will not keep up wit the pressure of the gun.. but many more "fabric" designs to post up..
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Actually, the class I'm taking - we all get single action Pasche guns. The instructor worked for 20 years with only a single action and maintains that the ONLY reason he justifies owning a dual action gun is for doing true flames.

Trust the pro dude. Unless you're going to get heavy into true flames, save your money and use what you have.

Also, there is no such thing as a dual action compressor and the gun shouldn't matter. If it keeps up with a single action, it'll keep up with a dual action too. One doesn't use any more air than another.

Anyway, I had my second class last night and here's a pic of some of my practice work for shading:

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Day2_b10

This was done with just a circle-ish shape cut into posterboard and used as a template. As long as you're making templates, cut a circle-ish shape and try some stuff like that.

Anyway, keep posting pics of your progress, and feel free to ping me anytime if you have any questions about anything. If I don't know the answer, I'll ask my instructor for us both to learn.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Do a Pontiac arrowhead or and Oldsmobile rocket....and make it the rocket, not the stupid swirl emblem Olds was using at the end... ; )
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Nice stuff ! maybe you could air brush some on a wagon .
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:28 pm

i kno there is no such thing a dual action compressor.. but the compressor i have only goes up to 40 PSI.. and no adjustable regulator.. thats whats buggin me out.. and everytime i use the single action gun and i clean very thoroughly its like spits and sputters.. the whole set up was used for tanning.. and i tinted his windows and his mom gave me the set up.. i dont kno if there is maybe a diffrence in the tanning airbrush kit.. either way Bewber i will be intouch with you.. thanks for the input and keep it commin wit the critizisum.. and GSBULLDOG.. im waiting for spring and my wagon is gonna be coverd!..
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4483
Pretty proud of this one here.. i out grew the hoodie so i cant really wear it but its still a cool concept with the symbol on the hood..
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 am

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) CIMG4464
i was bored..
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:24 am

Your hoodie came out great, and I bet the overspray on the tank will wash out. That ribbed material is going to be tough to get a good seal on.

I had day 4 of class tonight - and we too are still using basic stencils made out of posterboard and painting on posterboard. My teacher gave us a more interesting shape to play around with tonight. (tape it down and try to get a consistent shooting of the perimeter edging, then add a little to the coves of the flames, then add a little shadow line)

Here's how mine came out.
Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Day410
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 pm

WOW!.. i think i really need to invest in these classes!.. nice work!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks, but you really wouldn't believe how easy it is. I'm not even the best one in the class. So far, it all boils down to that fading tecnique I was telling you about - and the practicing we did with the square stencil. Some of that practice work is also shown below the fire.

I know all 4 of those probably look the same at a glance, but I really did do each one a little differently to see how different ideas would actually look/work.

Seriously though man, posterboard sheets are 2 for a dollar, and you can make stencils of squares and circles from cereal boxes. I swear to you that within a couple hours of practicing fading and getting familiar with the gun, ANYONE could do those same flames - and probably alot better.
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 pm

NICE ! LIKE THAT BUICK DESIGN .
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Bewber wrote:
Thanks, but you really wouldn't believe how easy it is. I'm not even the best one in the class. So far, it all boils down to that fading tecnique I was telling you about - and the practicing we did with the square stencil. Some of that practice work is also shown below the fire.

I know all 4 of those probably look the same at a glance, but I really did do each one a little differently to see how different ideas would actually look/work.

Seriously though man, posterboard sheets are 2 for a dollar, and you can make stencils of squares and circles from cereal boxes. I swear to you that within a couple hours of practicing fading and getting familiar with the gun, ANYONE could do those same flames - and probably alot better.

I see the diffrent style flames.. im diggin' that top left one.. looks like you light stenciled the first one then darkend the second one.. i like that effect!..
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:45 pm

That VW shirt is tit! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)   Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Airbrush things(mostly stencils)
Page 1 of 1