GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whoever says...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:19 pm

that high mileage cars are well maintained never met the previous owners of my wagon. It has been a nightmare just getting all the up keep taken care of so I can even THINK about mods.

So far I have done

Water Pump
Belt Tensioner/Belt
Opti and seals (old Opti looked great but screws broke removing cap and I got nosey)
Oil Change (doing another with 100 miles on the car casue it is NASTY)
Tires
Repair Brake Light and Turn Signal
02s
Install rear view mirror
Repair side view mirror
Plugs and Wires (NEVER AGAIN!)

Have the parts and need to do...
Front Shocks
Rear Shocks
Idler Arm
Sway Bar Bushings
Rear Diff lube change/ Pinion Seal replacement
Heater Core (old one is plugged)
Radiator (Old one is cracked)
Radiator Hoses
Intake Gaskets
Valve Cover Gaskets
Oil Cooler Gaskets
Oil Cooler lines
Trans filter

Granted some of this stuff I new was bad and used as leverage to get the price lowered when I bought it. Plus I am no stranger to used cars. Has been frustrating finding new problems and the oil leaking drives me crazy though.

Guess the mod part has been done slightly but the funds are depleted for now. So far I have....

Removed Home Plate/ First Base
Corvette Starter

Still want to tint it and get rid of the original exhaust.

I love this wagon though Smile
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:37 pm

You've got a pretty good size list of things behind you, but the list of things you have to do is getting smaller. You'll be on top of it before you know it.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Not at the rate I'm going...lol
Back to top Go down
92 Woody Wagon

92 Woody Wagon

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Sure hope you a least started with a good body!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ClarkGriswold
94Woody

94Woody

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 am

Body is in great shape, with solid quarters and such. The floors have slight surface rust in a few spots but white paint is visible in most places still. It ha sa couple slight surface spots in the usual places but no rot and I will take care of them easily. The interior is excellent. It looks exceptional for a car that spent its first three years as a rental vehicle in Michigan.

It was involved in a front end collision at some time and repaired with el cheapo parts. The front nose was wavey as heck and made the car look strange from the front. A nice junkyard OE bumper took care of that though Smile

All in all the car is in great shape and a steal at $1700 to me. It was just owned by people with the "as long as it starts it's ok" mentality but those days are long gone.
Back to top Go down

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 am

Hey at least the initial purchase price was reasonable.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Yup, was the cheapest I ever found around here so I snatched it up. Some of these replacements are a personal choice so I know they are good as I may dump my sedan once the wagon is ready.

I will never tell anyone what I paid for my 92 sedan which came from a "buy here pay here" lot. It has been a great car with minimal problems and worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whoever says... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever says...   Whoever says... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoever says...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: