GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where is Al Gore NOW!?!

Go down 
+2
94Woody
WGesnerJr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WGesnerJr

Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Empty
PostSubject: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 pm

11 years ago I got tired of my cars rusting out from under me, shoveling snow and generally being house bound for 6 months out of the year. So the Wife and I picked up everything we owned and moved to Atlanta. We didn't even bring a snow shovel or snow brush. Then we get this:
Where is Al Gore NOW!?! P1030936
This is the old 91 that was totaled because someone smacked it in the tailgate while it was parked in front of my house.
Where is Al Gore NOW!?! P1030939
Where is Al Gore NOW!?! P1030940
Not how I wanted to spend the only weekend I get between classes. Here is the 94 that I actually drove in it.
Where is Al Gore NOW!?! P1030931
Good thing I finished the fan conversion yesterday, in the rain. The 160 Thermostat was barely adequate for the cold but it will be worth it in July and August.
Where is Al Gore NOW!?! P1030932
It's been a long time since I've had "FenderBergs" on my car. Had it held out, there was a closed up WalMart parking lot with my name on it. Instead I got to shovel the driveway.

GLOBAL WARMING MY A$$!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:44 am

Damn, it is crazy to see snow down there. Sadly winter disappearing isn't exactly what GW is about, lol.

Snow is better than that ice crap though.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:49 am

This is an odd one for sure. We're only getting an inch or two while just 30 minutes to an hour east of us (DC) is calling for as much as 9 inches. I'm ready for spring.

.....waiting for our Canadian brethren to tell us to stop whining..... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 am

Mike Stop Whinning! Neutral
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 am

Mike.

Keep whinning, maybe it will help. Heading down there in 4 weeks to get away from all this. We want it warm and toasty.
Back to top Go down
WGesnerJr

PostSubject: Better Marketing   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Maybe they need a better marketing campaign, because my part of the globe was not warm yesterday. In fact it was colder than usual. Change the name to "polar shrinking" or "ice cap devastation". Very Happy

Anyway it was good to see but it is all melting today and if the Atlanta drivers don't get too sure of themselves, we might be ok.

The best thing from yesterday was that the wagon handled superbly in the slush and the back end did not once try to pass me. I thought the wide SS wheels and tires would hurt the winter performance but it was really good. The 160 Thermostat is really a little too cold for winter. The windshield would barely stay cleared and the heat was OK. Funny thing is that I have the same Thermostat in my 95 T/A with an LT1 and it has plenty of heat. I know the car is smaller on the inside but it really made a difference. If had to spend more than a couple of really cold days driving the wagon, it would be back to the 180. But this is rare for us and soon it will be gone. However, we do spend almost 2 months of 90-100 degree days in the summer so my A/C should work better. I know it makes a difference in the T/A's A/C.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Well, here's how my Cruiser looks after driving to work in our mere inch of snow. I hate all this salt and crap! Thank goodness we only get a couple of these a year.

Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Dirtycruiser
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 pm

This is Ripley TN, Sunday Morning. WTF? can you see the Bandwagon? Reported 14inches in a 24 hour period. If I had known, I could have set up a milk, bread, and battery stand on Saturday and had plenty of $ for a nice engine swap!

Where is Al Gore NOW!?! March0109snow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is Al Gore NOW!?!   Where is Al Gore NOW!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is Al Gore NOW!?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: