GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Im hooked now!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackfoot

Blackfoot

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Well after months and months of searching and being disapointed by cosmeticly pleasing cars, only to see the rot in the frames and undercarage. I stumbled across a listing in the Erie, PA Crags List for a 92 Roadmaster Wagon, Florida car with 156k on it. Its only a L05 car abut its 99.9% rustfree and every stinking thing in the car works flawlessly. He has a firm asking price of $1800 and when I pulled out 10 crips $100 bills and waved them in his face, he was tempted, but counter offered with $1500 I said $1200 and Im not going any higher, he said OK, I will take the lowest of $1300 and we had a deal. I was more then willing to give him the full $1800, but he was gonna work hard for it.

Anyway, enuff jawing, here is the car. It needs repainted, the hood and roof as well as the top of the fron bumper is down to the sealer in spots. 1 tiny spot of rust where the rear bummper meets the driver rear quarter. Looks like a parking lit bump where the bumper slighlty wrinked the quarter and cracked the paint. Thats the only rust I have found anywhere.

Im hooked now! Picture005
Im hooked now! Picture006
The ONLY rust on the car.
Im hooked now! Picture007
All 4 of the kids love the rear facing back seat.
Im hooked now! Picture008
MMMmmm Leather and all power, I feel so spoiled.
Im hooked now! Picture009
Needs cleaned up to get the dirt and grease off it.
[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/blackfooter/Roadmaster/Picture010.jpg[/img

I also found out a local guy, who my dad went to school with way back in the days of Fred Flintstone, has a 86 Caprice Wagon from San Fransisco with 69K original miles. I will be picking that up when the snow melts off for $400. Has a intake gasket leak. Was his sons exwifes car, they had it brought from Cali to NY on a semi car carrier 2 years ago. She left him and he had the title in his name when they moved out here. She couldnt afford to pay the bills when they moved out here and he took the car as collateral for the personal loan, she defaulted and he doesnt want or need the car. Has minor deer damage to the header panel, passenger fender and both doors. No rust other then where the deer hit. Brans new 255 60 son the back, 235 60s on the front and aftermarket old Vette style rally wheels that are chrome, but covered in surface rust. It sadly has a Olds 307 in it, but Oh well, make a good work car for me in my General Contracting job, save the abuse from the Roadie.
Back to top Go down

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 am

Man that is a nice looking wagon. I love the pics too.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 am

Yeah, that's some nice photography.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Blackfoot

Blackfoot

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:47 am

LOL, Thanks guys. Picked up a nice lil 10mpix Sanyo camera last week and took it down to the parkinglot infront of the lake early that morning.

This is what it looks like in the background without all the fog. Im also BIG in to RCs, Drifters, Rock Crawlers, Scale Trail Trucks, MTs and Buggies.

Im hooked now! Picture025
Back to top Go down

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am

Cool RC cars too, I just bought a Axial AX-10 and I am hooked on rock crawling now. I also have 2 vintage Grasshoppers and an original RC-10T.
Back to top Go down
Blackfoot

Blackfoot

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 am

Awsome, I have 2 Competition AX10s and a TLT based Crawler as well as 14 or so other RCs.

Like to see you join up on my RC Forum.
http://starr.smfforfree.com/
Back to top Go down
Tangowagon

Tangowagon

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Damn, that's a good looking wagon. Good score man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im hooked now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im hooked now!   Im hooked now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im hooked now!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: