GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dnvrdisc

WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Empty
PostSubject: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 am

Anyone have a 95-96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Drivers side power rear view mirror, heated? I'm looking for one to replace mine which has a cracked glass. Thanks for any replies,I'm in Denver.
Bob (dnvrdisc)
dnvrdisc@msn.com
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Bob

Did you try bringing it to an auto glass place. I think that is an easy fix. They know how to remove the glass and install with new. I'm pretty sure I had that done on a RMW that I used to have. The whole unit is expensive and scarce.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROADMASTER-FLEETWOOD-IMPALA-CAPRICE-DRIVER-MIRROR-GLASS-/390246396828?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adc7f739c

Tom
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:28 am

Tom, hello and thanks again! I just purchased the glass from the site you sent. My only concern was if it would work on a heated mirror....guess I'll find out(LOL!)!
Because of all the snow we have had here, the shop that has my car has not started any work on the rear. We've been getting snow regularly here and it's a real pain in the A$$!
Thanks again....
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 pm

We have been getting pounded with snow also. My plowing bill is killing me.

Tom
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Tom, it may be expensive, but at least you're getting plowed! I have about 6" all around my house, not counting drifts, which are significantly higher, and I have no way to get out! I suppose it's just as well, as once on the roads, you need to be extra alert about all the other drivers, many who have no clue about driving in these conditions. Best to just hunker down, stay warm, and hope for a break in this weather!
bob
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Bob

Hope you have beer.

Tom
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Tom, hello again.......bad news!
Just got a call from the shop and they got to taking the rear apart. This is what they found: The outside bearings spun and disintegrated, damaging the carrier. The guy said they would have to replace the carrier...tube to tube and then install the rear gears you sent me. I have no idea where to find a carrier...they said they will call around and try to find one. I don't even know if a carrier from another make will fit? Would you know of the location of a carrier perhaps? I'm pretty depressed over this, especially as i don't have any transportation now, and i don't know how long this may be the case! The snow ain't helping either!!
Regards,
Bob
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Bob,

I have a 2 series open carrier for our cars. What gears to you have. My original rear had 2:56 gears. $25 plus shipping (may be able to ship in a fixed rate USPS box for $20 or less).

LMK

Tim
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Bob,

I have a 2 series open carrier for our cars. What gears to you have. My original rear had 2:56 gears. $25 plus shipping (may be able to ship in a fixed rate USPS box for $20 or less).

LMK

Tim

Tim

Thanks, Bob's got a rear end, came from NE. His mechanic put it back together and he's back in business.

Tom

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Good to hear...................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR   WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED: SIDE VIEW MIRROR
Page 1 of 1