GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!

Go down 
+6
GSBULLDOG
Krzdimond
toomanytoyz
Bewber
silverfox103
81X11
10 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Empty
PostSubject: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:27 pm

So my wife and oldest son are flying to Colorado today to go skiing with my in-laws. I drew the short straw and am keeping our 2-year-old by myself until the middle of next week. Ahh parenthood. No biggie, he's a good kid.

ANYWAY I had to drive Misty and Eddie down to the Austin airport on my lunch break. It's way down in South Austin, and I live and work in far North Austin. I remembered there was a little salvage yard down there between Austin and Bastrop on Hwy 71 that I hadn't been too in at least a year. Thought I'd run over and see if my some miracle they had a grill for my Roady wagon.

So I drop the family off and head east on 71, and the yard comes into view, but just past it I see a huge white fence. I get closer and see "GRAND OPENING AUSTIN WRENCH-A-PART " on a banner out front. HOLY COW we got a new BIG self-service yard! Total surprise! Needless to say I was somewhat late returning from lunch. ; )

I aim the Roady into the parking lot. Will let my pics do the talking for me:

Came to this first. Very clean Caprice with a nice interior..despite the wheel someone threw in there. Notice the chrome 454 SS Silverado wheel the idiots made into a jack stand...grrrrr
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard001
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard002

Next came up to two Roady sedans, a TBI and LT1. The white car is a 95 is and VERY complete
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard004
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard003

How about a clean G-body Cutlass. Not a spec of rust!
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard020
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard019

And there's a very complete El Camino
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard023
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard021

Two guys were yanking the LT1 out of this Roady sedan...it had red interior but someone already nabbed BOTH front door panels.... Evil or Very Mad
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard014
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard015

Next I walked up on a Buick Wildcat Convertible, complete with fender skirts.
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard025
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard026
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard027

And here are two VERY complete G-body Grand Prixs
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard009
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard010
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard012
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard011

And here's me a 455 for my Cutlass. This car was RUSTY but showed low miles. Was from Illinois. Check out that rear window!
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard016
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard018
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard017

And here is another very compete Caprice sedan
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard024

Hey...wait, what's that???
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard007
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard006
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard005
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard008
SCORE!!! $15! Woo-Hoo!
Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! NewYard013

Needless to say I was somewhat late returning from lunch. ; )

I now have a new favorite yard. cheers

Happy Friday All!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 pm

What did the grill cost you, Mike?

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:27 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
What did the grill cost you, Mike?

Tom

$15 It's not cracked but has more road pecs than mine on the car now. It'll be a good stopgap. Going to clean it all up and use it until I find a better one.

Can't wait to get home and pull out the polishing compound. I SO want to take that broken grill off my car. Bothers me every time I see it.

Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:32 pm

That wagon still has a TON of parts on it. All the woodgrain trim was still good, the seats were sharp, it has the rear grab handle dome lights, the chrome sliding roof-rail bar, and on and on. I was in a huge rust to get back to work or I would have yanked more.

Will try to get back down there next weekend. I really want the small front bumper guards off that Cutlass too. Both of mine are scratched.

GREAT YARD!!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Looks like some good stuff there. COngrats on getting the new grill. Or grille. Whatever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Score!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Mike, I NEED the drivers seat bottom cover on that blue limitless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm

No TBI red seat Sad
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 pm

NICE SCORE ! WOULD SO LOVE TO HAVE THAT BLUE STEERING COLUMN ,DID THEY HAVE A COMPLETE ENGINE WIRING HARNESS , I NEED ONE FOR MY 94 .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 pm

YO Mike where is my grill????Mike I really need the RF woodgrain trim pieces please.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Damn thats a clean yard! I went to the yard today and it was a total waste. Muddy doesn't begin to sum it up (love the foot deep mud pits). The cars were junk, only 2 B-bodies there. One was a 94 RMS the other was a 91 Caprice sedan. Not one wagon. There was also a 94 black/black fleetwood. Must have just got there, no parts missing. Nice score on a cheap grille!. Do I spy a late 80's H-body lesabre in picture 9?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 pm

mike go back and get me that 1980 Elcamino grill please
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:36 am

Mike, If you get back there. That left front wood trim please? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I've got 2-year-old duty all this weekend and I can't lock the little sucker in the car, so we'll have to wait for next weekend.

If I take another 3-hour lunch my boss will fire my ass. pale
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:21 pm

how was that red carpet in the 95 RMS? It looks way better than mine. My OCC is in dire need of a new carpet (I have huge holes in mine).
Also need an LT1 Headlight switch with twilight (seen in same picture).

anyone else notice that 454 SS rim in the first picture?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I was jogging through the lot so I didn't look to hard at any of the cars. If I can sneak down there next weekend I for sure will.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:06 am

Wow... See, you show off all those nice, rust free cars, and you get a shopping list! LOL!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

Yeah well that grill I got didn't clean up as well as I hoped. It's not broken but has too many rock pecs to put on my car, so the search continues.

Such fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!   Today is a GOOD day!  New Yard Pics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today is a GOOD day! New Yard Pics!
Page 1 of 1