GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
endless quest

endless quest

96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Empty
PostSubject: 96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side   96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:14 am

I have a 96' RMW that is does not sit level. She is lower by about 1" on the passenger rear and 1 1/4" on the passenger front.

I've read that many of the B body wagons suffer this issue. Do I need longer springs on the passenger side to compensate the 1" or is there a spacer that can be installed to level things out?

any advice on the best way to resolve this and make the car level again would be appreciated!

Adam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side   96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Your best bet would to sell me that black beauty and then no more sagging problem.I have heard
of this problem before and I am sure that someone here knows a cure.Wagon sure looks good with the tint.Selling it to me is still the best answer to your problem.
IMHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
endless quest

endless quest

PostSubject: Re: 96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side   96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Jim,
I would love to sell you this wagon, but coming from a funeral home I know what was carried in the back. Your problems could become more then what a bottle of holy water could handle. BTW, I kept the bottle of holy water that came with the car just in case!
Adam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side   96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:20 pm

I have 2 wagons in the drive right and the first time my caring,sensitive sister-in-law saw the first
wagon'"Looks like a damn herse too me"shot out of her big mouth.So I have no problems with whats
been in the back.I am more concerned with whats up front.How does it run?If I was planning on being buried when I am gone,I would be honored to go to my final resting place in the back of one
of these wagons.
Just Kidding
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side   96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:36 am

Check your sway bar. Mine was bent, and caused my wagon to sag. You may have to replace the links to the lower suspension arm, because the nuts are self locking with a deformed thread. I have run into some that will not come off with wrenches, and a nut breaker is required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side   96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96' RMW Leans towards the passenger side
Page 1 of 1