GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Panel Blend Gone Wrong

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigWagon

BigWagon

Panel Blend Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

I made the decision to remove my pinstripes this weekend. When I got to the rear driver quarter panel, I noticed I was having a more difficult time pulling off the stripe. Once I pulled the pinstripe, I realized that somebody had done a panel blend and had only painted to the stripe. The paint is slightly "off" where the pinstripe was--creating a noticeable line where the color changes a bit about 2 inches from the top of the panel. The more I try not to look at it, the more I see it. Aside from putting new pinstriping on, what ideas do you have for me? I am going to try to hit it with a high speed wheel and some compound tonight just to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 pm

I'd hit it tonight with a high speed wheel and some compound and see what happens... Wink
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 pm

buzz over the whole car with some 80 grit stikits,.
then shoot it with spray on boxliner,.
very durable finish,.
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

put a new pinstripe on that is a similar color to the car...subtle but still covers your issue.

Panel Blend Gone Wrong HPIM0640
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey Dave thats not just subtle its damn near invisible!Wonder how it would look with a very
fine metallic black stripe down the center of each stripe.
Just Curious
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 pm

High speed wheel and compound was a fail. Looks like new striping is in order.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Chances are the flake in the factory finish is smaller then the newer finish. And buffing you already found out will not work. Good luck with new stripe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panel Blend Gone Wrong   Panel Blend Gone Wrong Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panel Blend Gone Wrong
Page 1 of 1