GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trip Odometer died? What?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Trip Odometer died? What? Empty
PostSubject: Trip Odometer died? What?   Trip Odometer died? What? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah so today I go to fill up and reset the trip odometer. It had 179 miles on it. I hit reset and it reset to 196. I thought that was odd, so I hit it again and it went to 500something. I had to push the knob like 10 times to get it back to 0000, and now it's stuck there. Drove all the way home and it hasn't moved a bit.

So... can it be fixed? If so, how? If not - who's got a 9C1 dash surround I can buy ASAP? Smile
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Trip Odometer died? What?   Trip Odometer died? What? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:06 am

If its anything like the one in my OCC, I hear they break a lot. Mine just resets to 0, then when you get to 1 mile keeps clicking for every 10th of a mile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip Odometer died? What?   Trip Odometer died? What? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 am

Well, this is even weirder than that. So when I got back to campus, slightly annoyed, I pushed it in again and it stayed at 0000, but it almost looked like the numbers were even again. When I went to the store later that night, sure enough it worked as normal.

Odd. Still on the hunt for a 9C1 surround to do an OCC cluster swap though. I want one Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip Odometer died? What?   Trip Odometer died? What? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 am

Hey Ray it might be easier to just buy an OCC wagon instead of doing all that work to have the OCC
dashboard.Do you want full instrumentation like a tach and oil pressure gauge/water temp
or do you just like the looks of the OCC dash?I remember years ago seeing a large diameter
tach with 4 gauges like oil pressure,water temp,amps and oil temp built right into the face
plate.Been looking but unable to find for my 95 RMW.I think I saw it in the JC Whitney
catalog.It wasnt exspensive and I really liked the idea of having everything together.It would
not work on a race car but would be great on one of our wagons.
IMHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Trip Odometer died? What?   Trip Odometer died? What? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 am

It's fairly easy (if you have wiring skills) to do the swap. A couple guys on the New England board have done it, and someone here just swapped a Roadmaster cluster into his 91 Caprice. It can be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip Odometer died? What?   Trip Odometer died? What? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trip Odometer died? What?
Page 1 of 1