GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BillyGoat73

BillyGoat73

Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm in the middle of repairing an event between a deer and my '96 Roadmaster Wagon and have to replace the hood and driver's side fender. I found sheetmetal, but cannot find a solid rust free inner fender well. I understand the GM parts are discontinued and haven't found anyone that repops these.

I can't believe there isn't a market for these fender wells, especially with the number of Impalas, Caprices, and wagons built from '91 - '96. Anyone out there with these parts. I am looking for both sides, as the passenger side is rusty, too.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I responded on the other site that you posted telling you where you could get everything you needed on a car that was being parted, relatively close. Not a peep from you. That was a week ago and you never had the courtesy to even respond! Good Luck buddy.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
BillyGoat73

BillyGoat73

PostSubject: Re: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
I responded on the other site that you posted telling you where you could get everything you needed on a car that was being parted, relatively close. Not a peep from you. That was a week ago and you never had the courtesy to even respond! Good Luck buddy.

Tom C.

Wow. Sorry if I offended you dude. I appreciate the help, but the Buick forums was not the only place I was looking. The link you posted for craigslist was expired when I got a chance to check it. I don't spend much time on the forums because of work and other projects going on. Just trying to get my RMW back on the road.

I was able to track down the front sheetmetal I needed last week on a wagon that was less than 10 miles from my house. I pulled it Saturday, cleaned it up and carefully took the woodgrain trim off the fender and dropped it at the paint shop today. The only issue was the inner fender well that has some significant rust.

I'm just trying to find the wheel wells now. Any leads would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Here's the number for the car I was telling you about: 978.866.0417 Doug. He still has it, the posting just expired. I don't know what shape the inner fenders are in, and it's probably a little bit of a hike.

There is a member here who is always peddling parts. He will probably respond at some time. His parts are from rustfree FL, but he's not cheap.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
BillyGoat73

BillyGoat73

PostSubject: Re: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 am

I tracked down a clean left wheel well not too far from home and should have the car back on the road next week. Thanks to all who were looking for me. It was most appreciated.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 am

Glad you found what you needed close to home (@$3.70 per gallon)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW   Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Front Fender Wells for '96 RMW
Page 1 of 1