GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Plastic cover under dash on DS?

Go down 
+4
silverfox103
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cadet57
95BRMW
8 posters
AuthorMessage
95BRMW

95BRMW

Plastic cover under dash on DS? Empty
PostSubject: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:00 am

I always wondered why none of my 3 wagons or 9C1 had a plasic cover under the DS dash to cover the wires, just thought GM never pout anything there. A few weeks ago I was at the yard and found a 94 RMS that had a cover under there, just like the PS side has on all my cars. Did the wagons never get these covers installed, or are all of mine just missing? I snagged the one from the yard but without mods it won't fit in either my Caprice or OCC, not sure of the RMW, still in storage. It would be nice to not have all those wires hanging down on the brake pedal Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:16 am

My '93 is the same way. Always wondered that too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:47 am

Never been in a RMS but both of my wagons also have the wiring esposed around the brake
pedal.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:32 am

My wagon was missing the drives side piece when I got it. Fred gave me one out of one of his cars last year. Nice to finish the Underside. BTW the Impala (94) does not have it either.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:16 pm

I have had 3 RMW's, all have had that piece. I have a Caprice Wagon, it does not.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:15 pm

It's a Buick thang!!!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:38 pm

I still have mine.......
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:59 pm

so Buicks are special! Funny thing is my RMW doesn't need it, its electrical is all stock. My other wagons however have aftermarket keyless and just plain rigged electrical that never likes to stay where it tied.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm

91-93s do not have a cover under the dash. 94-96s should have them, or at least the holes to mount them.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

I'll have to check my RMW if I ever get it out of storage. The lot is full and until I sell my truck, I have to do without my favorite car Sad
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:18 am

I think that was an LT1 Buick and Caddy thing. Though I'll have to check my TBI Roady and see if it's got the panels there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:42 am

TBIs do not have them. They only came on the 94-96s.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 am

Hmm. Will this cover from my 94 FWB parts car work on my SS or my 94 Caprice wagon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic cover under dash on DS?   Plastic cover under dash on DS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastic cover under dash on DS?
Page 1 of 1