GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OCC rear driver's cladding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
formula455

OCC rear driver's cladding Empty
PostSubject: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:14 am

I am looking for a rear driver's door cladding for my 92 OCC. The one I have is damaged and need to find a new one. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:00 pm

I may have one. I will have to check, and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:19 pm

I do not have one, and I do not know anyone who does right now.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:33 pm

This is at Pick-N-Pull on Applewhite Road in San Antonio TX

Olds Custom Cruiser.
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage175
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage174
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage176
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage177
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage178
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage179
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage180
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage181
OCC rear driver's cladding JohnsSalvage182
Back to top Go down
formula455

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Oh my....If that was closer I would pull all the cladding and front bumper. I have a whole storage area above my garage just waiting to be filled with parts. I bet that car is nicer than alot of them still on the road in Iowa.
Back to top Go down
formula455

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:58 pm

I also need the passenger side custom cruiser emblems.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Here is my shopping list: gate interior if in very good condition, nice 3rd seat foot well cover with latch, woodgrain door bezels with pull straps and inserts, PS front door cladding with lower mount, OFF button from the auto AC unit, map pocket from the woodgrain dash, and I might be interested in the front seats if they are in very good condition.

You should pull the grille, hood ornament, fly away panels from the rear doors, tail lights, cargo bay light lenses, front bumper cover, black roof rack, .
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:12 am

I would love to have the tailgate too, but it may be over my budget...get me a price. If you can not get the gate open, here's how...Unbolt the gate window hinges from inside, open the gate like a door (careful with the window). Remove the bottom of the interior, then you can get to the window latch from the inside.

You might want to pull the cluster too.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:05 am

That car is about 90 miles from me....wish it was closer!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:09 am

So you were teasing us...

How much do you want to go get the parts, or do you know someone on the forum who will grab them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:34 am

Fred you seem to need a lot of parts to sell back to us ar a later date.Just go get the whole car and be done with it.You wouldnt take advantage of another members
kindness and generosity would you?I saw no signs of any teasing,just you making some rediculous request.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:00 pm

I cant believe the condition of the OCC in a junkyard.Hell even the exhaust pipes is free of
any rust.Even the interior looks decent.Mike did you check the mileage on that OCC because
that wagon should still be on the road?Probably just needs an engine to be back on the road.
We are a wasteful nation and thats part of the problem with us in general.A little old and needs some work,junk it and get something else to tear up!
IMHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:58 pm

That thing looks in good shape.. wonder why its there.. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:47 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Fred you seem to need a lot of parts to sell back to us ar a later date.Just go get the whole car and be done with it.You wouldnt take advantage of another members
kindness and generosity would you?I saw no signs of any teasing,just you making some rediculous request.
Jim Gordon

The requests I made are for my own use. There haven't been any decent wagons in the yards here for a while, and stuff breaks/gets broken occasionally (specifically the rear footwell cover).

The suggested parts to pull were to save endangered items, I was not going to buy them. I keep a lot of parts, so when you need them, I have them. They take up a lot of space that I could use for other things.

As much as I would like to have the car to part out, I live in FL, and it is in TX and does not look drivable. If it was in a local yard, yes I would take it apart.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I cant believe the condition of the OCC in a junkyard.Hell even the exhaust pipes is free of
any rust.Even the interior looks decent.Mike did you check the mileage on that OCC because
that wagon should still be on the road?Probably just needs an engine to be back on the road.
We are a wasteful nation and thats part of the problem with us in general.A little old and needs some work,junk it and get something else to tear up!
IMHO
Jim Gordon

Engine had orange spray paint on it, which means it failed the state emissions test (rural areas do not check emissions, but Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Houston do) and was turned in for a credit towards a new car. It's Texas' version of Cash for Clunkers. They don't disable the engines however, they just paint them orange in the yards, and are not supposed to sell parts with orange on them.

http://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/mobilesource/vim/driveclean.html

I forget the exact miles on that car, but it was just over 100K. And yes I was sad to see it in there. Someone broke the freaking dash to pull the radio too, and the dash looked like it had been perfect. Entire car was CLEAN!

-Mike

Oh and Fred I don't blame you at all for requesting all those parts. If it was closer, and I had the time and cash in my pocket, I'd gladly go strip it out to save all those good parts rather than seeing them crushed. The main reason I posted that car was just to let the folks know it was down there. I "think" they have parts pullers at PNP now, so you might call and see if you could get what you need yanked...for a fee.

I'm not able to go back to San Antonio for at least two more weeks. My weekends are booked up with family and house stuff, but I'll get back down there as soon as I can.

Was not trying to tease, just inform. I want to see as much saved as possible!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Yep it's sad. AirCheck Texas has taken a lot of clean older cars off the roads down here. From what I understand there is quite a few hurdles to jump through however to get the credit, so many people don't qualify.

When I moved to Austin in 1995, there was no emissions testing. Just beep the horn, hit the signals, push the e-brake. About 3-4 years ago all the tree-huggers got the emissions thing passed here. Now it costs $25 to get an inspection sticker and many older cars fail.

ANY TIME new enviormental laws come out, all it does is cost citizens more money. Period. End of story. The stuoid thing is if I lived one county away I would not have emissions tests. It's only in the cities.....but if I moved then the govt would make it state-wide.....I know my luck.

Rant over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCC rear driver's cladding   OCC rear driver's cladding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC rear driver's cladding
Page 1 of 1