GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Memphis, TN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Hello from Memphis, TN Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:46 pm

I've owned a 1992 Custom Cruiser for the last ten years. It's been off the road for about the last four but has recently been put back into service. This looked like a good place to hang every so often so I wanted to say "Hey!"

Hello from Memphis, TN Cruiser

This wagon is all stock with 232,500 miles on it. Some options include the 5.7L engine, leather, dual power front seats, power mirrors and load leveler.

Typical maladies right now include one back window with broken track slides and the other with a dead motor. The driver window works fine but the plastic toggle on the switch assy broke on one side so I have to use a small screwdriver to push the "up" button. The A/C won't stay charged anymore and we couldn't find the leak even with dye. Also, gravity is winning the battle with the headliner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Welcome to the group.I too have a OCC but mine is a 91 with 70500 miles and it was always
garage kept.Sounds like yours is just getting broken in so take good care of it.
Welcome Again
Jim Gordon
PS Whats that in the background with Olds Rally wheels and a V-8 engine sitting there in need of a car to mount in?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Cool ride. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:35 am

Very pretty car! I love the white over tan on the Olds models. Yours looks great, especially considering the miles on it. I have a '96 Roady wagon which I love, but I still think the Olds are the cleanest looking wagons. I'm a big Olds nuts, I also have an '88 Cutlass T-Top, and my last wagon as an '89 Custom Cruiser. I've yet to have a "rounded" Olds wagon but I'm sure it'll end up with one sooner or later.

As a true car nut I see a frame with some Buick mags peeking out of the garage. Care to share what that is?

Also, been watching you folks on the news with all the flooding. It's a good thing most of Memphis is on high ground. The pics of Mud Island I've seen on the net are amazing. My entire family is from "across the bridge" in Jonesboro Arkansas, so Memphis is kind of a 2nd home. Hope all's well for you and yours.

Again welcome to the group!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Mike, the car in the background is my '67 GS400 ragtop that has been apart for a good while. For some reason my signature didn't post as it lists the GS and a Cutlass as well. Maybe my sig will work this time...
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:51 am

Oh gorgeous car! Thats my favorite color combo on the olds. That and White on blue interior. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:02 am

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
Thanks for the welcome folks.

Mike, the car in the background is my '67 GS400 ragtop that has been apart for a good while. For some reason my signature didn't post as it lists the GS and a Cutlass as well. Maybe my sig will work this time...

I see your car list. Would like to see your Cutlass to! I love my 88 Cutlass even though the carb is currently giving me fits. G-bodies were just nice cars and a perfect size as far as I'm concerned.

I also have a basket-case '67 GTO in the garage that is a "someday" project. Sounds kind of like your GS. I drove a pea green 68 Skylark Custom in high school, with a 350 and 2-speed "Super Tubine" trans. Ha! But 68 is a totally different animal from a 67. I love the 67's. There is a good pic of one in the Events folder from that last Cars and Coffee we had in Austin.

You have a GN too? Wow that's some nice collection of toys! Welcome again to the forum!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:55 pm

[quote="81X11"]
Would like to see your Cutlass to! I love my 88 Cutlass even though the carb is currently giving me fits. G-bodies were just nice cars and a perfect size as far as I'm concerned.
-Mike

Here's an older photo of the Cutlass. The original paint has since gone south but the interior is still super.
Hello from Memphis, TN Cutlass1
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:00 pm

[quote="Olds Weighty Eight"]
81X11 wrote:
Would like to see your Cutlass to! I love my 88 Cutlass even though the carb is currently giving me fits. G-bodies were just nice cars and a perfect size as far as I'm concerned.
-Mike

Here's an older photo of the Cutlass. The original paint has since gone south but the interior is still super.
Hello from Memphis, TN Cutlass1

Nice! Like the wheels a lot!

Here's mine: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t2885-cutlass-fun?highlight=cutlass

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Memphis, TN   Hello from Memphis, TN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Memphis, TN
Page 1 of 1