GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear glass release relay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

Rear glass release relay Empty
PostSubject: Rear glass release relay   Rear glass release relay Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Ever since I've had the ldm, I've had to use the key to release the rear glass. Last week the release on the dcm quit working so yesterday I decided to try and fix them both. The dcm was just a screw that had come out of the solenoid so it was an easy fix.

The ldm seems to be electrical, I swapped all the parts in the latch with known good ones and it still won't open unless you use the key. The switch on the dash, the remote, and the button don't do anything. The fuse is good. I've seen several references to a rear glass release relay but can't find where it's located. Any ideas?

The interior lights also won't work on this car unless they're manually switched on. Could this be related? I know both circuits have to have unswitched power so I wonder if there's something in common.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear glass release relay   Rear glass release relay Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:03 am

Fuses are different for 91-93s vs. the 94-96s. 91-3 is fuse 1 15A, 94-96 is the rr rel fuse 20A. The 91-3 cars use the same fuse for the lights. 94-96s use a different fuse for the lights.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Rear glass release relay   Rear glass release relay Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:22 am

I posted some details of my rear glass solenoid repair over in the Buick Roadmaster forums yesterday and it was suggested that it might be of interest here.

Here is the link: Rear glass solenoid repair thread
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear glass release relay   Rear glass release relay Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 am

The glass release relay is on the convenience center. The one on the right or bottom depending on which way the center is mounted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear glass release relay   Rear glass release relay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear glass release relay
Page 1 of 1