GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another B-Body? Oh Boy...

Go down 
+4
jasonlachapelle
BigBlackBeaSSt
95BRMW
Cadet57
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Empty
PostSubject: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:16 pm

My brother got his first car today. A '93 Caprice LS. Black on ruby red interior. 5.0L, 97k. Not a spot of rust to be found, just a bit of New England crust on the frame. Easily fixed. Just needs a good bath and a few things to make it 100%. Ignore the bare wheels, wire hubcaps in the trunk.

Another B-Body? Oh Boy... IMG_20110612_115706

Another B-Body? Oh Boy... IMG_20110612_115716
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Looks like a clean car, just needs the belt line trim removed Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Damn thats a very nice first car.You dont think you had any influence in his decision making
do you?Big safe car with lots of room for dating and stuff.Make a good SS clone car.I got an
SS grill he can have but as cheap as they are he could order one cheap too.Starting the kid
out right.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah.. it's kinda my fault. He learned how to drive on the wagon so this is a good start for him. And bless him, he wants to keep it 100% stock, he wants to scrape the tint off, swap out the smoked tail lights for some stock 93-96 ones or some 91-92 tails, take out the aftermarket stereo and keep the wire hubcaps.

Only mods we're going to do is head to the JY, get the power seat rails out of another caprice there and swap those in, and maybe add cruise control. Weird car, has the LS package with power windows and locks and the upgraded climate control, but manual seats and mirrors...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 pm

I envy his door panels.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I envy his door panels.

I told you there were some in the JY near me but you don't listen. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:58 pm

100% stock,whats wrong with this kid?I bet he gets straight A's in school and never backtalks
his folks either.Did he get this from you Justin?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:58 pm

I listened, the wallet's ideas of shipping, and dreams of OCC clusters, did not.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
100% stock,whats wrong with this kid?I bet he gets straight A's in school and never backtalks
his folks either.Did he get this from you Justin?
Jim Gordon

LOL. He does get good grades, actually. And yeah, he probably did get it from me. I told him he should do a Riv console and he looked like he was gonna beat me up. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Just what we need !A couple of good kids that like B bodies.We are going downhill fast.LOL
What going to happen to us now?I guess its up to us old farts to keep the place all shook up!
These "Good Kids" are going to be our downfall.
Jim Gordon alien
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Looks like he is smart boy!! Nice car....
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Very nice! Unless the tint is bubbling or blatantly illegal in your state, I would strongly advise him not to touch it. It greatly contributes to overall comfort in the summer months, especially if the AC is not functional. The AC won't need to work as hard if it is functional, which means less fuel.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:18 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
Very nice! Unless the tint is bubbling or blatantly illegal in your state, I would strongly advise him not to touch it. It greatly contributes to overall comfort in the summer months, especially if the AC is not functional. The AC won't need to work as hard if it is functional, which means less fuel.

The tint is legal, but its bubbling in the corners and only the two side windows are done so it looks pretty stupid. And the a/c is fully functional. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Why not retint with a legal grade and save gas because of what Jason said about the engine
having to work less to cool the car?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Why not retint with a legal grade and save gas because of what Jason said about the engine
having to work less to cool the car?
Jim Gordon

Tints ARE legal, but junk. It's his car, if he wants to tint thats up to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:28 pm

NEVERMIND
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Nice starting point there, but then it seems like he is finished already. He'll fly lower under cop radar keeping it stock looking so maybe that's his game!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Sprocket wrote:
He'll fly lower under cop radar keeping it stock looking so maybe that's his game!

Plus its a 5.0, how much trouble can he get in? Laughing (Says someone who managed a $294 speeding ticket in a '95 Lumina Razz)

That said, idk why people bitch about that motor. It had plenty of get up and go when it came to launching past tractor trailers on the highway.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Very nice first car! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
He'll fly lower under cop radar keeping it stock looking so maybe that's his game!

Plus its a 5.0, how much trouble can he get in? Laughing (Says someone who managed a $294 speeding ticket in a '95 Lumina Razz)

That said, idk why people bitch about that motor. It had plenty of get up and go when it came to launching past tractor trailers on the highway.

agreed, at speed (70+) the L03 gets up and moves well up to triple digits. Last year I was able to keep up fairly well with Robert in his LT1 with my OCC (hills I noticed it of course, but flat level punch it pass, it kept up surprisingly well)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Sprocket wrote:
agreed, at speed (70+) the L03 gets up and moves well up to triple digits. Last year I was able to keep up fairly well with Robert in his LT1 with my OCC (hills I noticed it of course, but flat level punch it pass, it kept up surprisingly well)

Plus, the sedan has a few less pounds than the wagon. That might help. Laughing
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Completely stock? Thats a new one! This coming from the guy who has the all stock Roadmaster and won't even remove home plate.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm

My LO3 sedan could barely get out of it's own way, lol. Of course it had 175,000 miles on it and used a quart of oil per week Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 am

Great colors on that car. It's the perfect first car, and looks to be in really nice shape!

Thanks for keeping another kid away from Hondas! Very Happy

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 am

81X11 wrote:
Thanks for keeping another kid away from Hondas! Very Happy

-Mike

He wanted a 99-04 Jetta like mine, but I talked him out of it. They're good cars, but all the ones in his price range needed some sort of work and/or had high miles.

Also, came across this last night on CL. Guess I know where we'll be getting parts from. What are the freakin odds Laughing

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/2427826527.html
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:14 am

Get the wheels off that!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:19 am

Lol, already have a set of lace rims on the wagon..plus N97's plus seven stock steel rims. If I come home with anymore wheels my father will kill me haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm

FML MORE DOOR PANELS!

I HATE YOU.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Need to grab the Lace wheels for the black sedan, much nicer than those tacky wire hubcaps I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

94Woody wrote:
Need to grab the Lace wheels for the black sedan, much nicer than those tacky wire hubcaps I think Smile

See:
Cadet57 wrote:
Lol, already have a set of lace rims on the wagon..plus N97's plus seven stock steel rims. If I come home with anymore wheels my father will kill me haha

Besides, he likes the wire caps plus he doesnt need tires anytime soon so we'd have no place to store the rims.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

I could use a set of front door armrests in red. Just sayin' Florida sun is nasty to them
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I could use a set of front door armrests in red. Just sayin' Florida sun is nasty to them

We might be buying the whole car for parts. I'll LYK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:50 pm

I need the rear armrests (fronts too, but if Sprocket has dibs, that's cool too.)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I need the rear armrests (fronts too, but if Sprocket has dibs, that's cool too.)

Duly noted. Do me a favor and post here so I have an idea?

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t4015-feeler-parting-93-caprice-ls-sedan
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Had some time this afternoon so the whole fleet got baths.

Another B-Body? Oh Boy... IMG_20110615_145927

and the VIN breakdown in case anyone was curious
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1G1BN53E3PR127886

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another B-Body? Oh Boy...   Another B-Body? Oh Boy... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another B-Body? Oh Boy...
Page 1 of 1