GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Someone among us has gone to the dark side

Go down 
+7
Cadet57
lakeffect
81X11
Lynol
buickestate
BigBlackBeaSSt
95BRMW
11 posters
AuthorMessage
95BRMW

95BRMW

Someone among us has gone to the dark side Empty
PostSubject: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm

And no, its not me Smile
Someone among us has gone to the dark side Ford
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Well those look like Jersey plates!!

bad enough the FORD Shocked BUT A DODGE behind it affraid
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm

hmm a holiday road project in metalic pea?
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Yes, friends it is I. Just got it today, a '91 LTD Country Squire. I know I've traditionally been a Chrysler and GM kinda guy, but it was actually my family's old '88 Grand Marquis that got me lovin' big cars in the first place, and the Country Squire was what got me wanting a wagon in the beginning, so now I've branched out and purchased my first ever Ford. I've always found most GM and Chrysler vehicles to be of general good quality, and from past family and friend's experiences, I've been afraid of Fords due to their bad electrical problems in almost every Ford anyone I know has owned of the '80s and '90s vintage. But this car is old enough now where it seems that whatever has broken has been fixed (there's actually a Ford electrical troubleshooting shop manual in the glove box). The car's not perfect but it's pretty nice for 20 years old. The Caprice I've decided not to sell cause it's not worth much and I can't see selling a 62k mile drive-train when I just KNOW I'll find the perfect DGGM LT1 Caprice wagon for cheap with a blown trans soon after. So, it's going up to my Aunt's in Liverpool, NY (Joel, keep an eye out for it) to spend the summer and fall since my Aunt has no car now. -and don't worry, the OCC isn't going anywhere. I have some upgrades and repairs to do on it shortly and IT WILL be at wagonfest come hell or high water.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 am

That pic is way beyond ugly.. that's criminal.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 am

You think you hate it now. But wait til ya drive it!

But seriously, cool car Lynol. I love the Country Squire/ Colony Park. Btw, dunno what interior color that is, but there is a colony park about an hour and a half from me in the JY pretty complete interior, exterior too. Save for a rear side window that got bricked. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

Good thing its a wagon,otherwise you would be in a whole lotta trouble!LOL.My parents
bought a brand new Country Squire wagon back in 73 and it was so slow that 0 to 60 was
something like 2 minutes.You floored the pedal just to get it to move.More pics please!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 pm

The Country Squire is cool. I'd consider the darkside to be something like this:
Someone among us has gone to the dark side 01832041990010-480
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 pm

I always liked those turbine wheels. Nice design.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Lol, what the hell is that thing?
Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
The Country Squire is cool. I'd consider the darkside to be something like this:
Someone among us has gone to the dark side 01832041990010-480
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 pm

A turd! Razz

Someone among us has gone to the dark side MrHankey
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 pm

I actually looked at a Ford and a Merc that popped up shortly after my first b-body purchase.

they were too beat to consider. They seem even more rare than our wagons. Anyone know production numbers on the last gen models???

Nice lookin wagon Lynol
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

Sprocket wrote:
I actually looked at a Ford and a Merc that popped up shortly after my first b-body purchase.

they were too beat to consider. They seem even more rare than our wagons. Anyone know production numbers on the last gen models???

Nice lookin wagon Lynol
Dave (95BRMW) has a great book with prod. numbers for American cars, and he looked it up for me. I think it was something a bit over 3,000 for all 1991 Ford Crown Vic/Country Squire wagons. They grouped the regular wagons and the Country Squires in one number, so who knows how many Country Squires were made.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 am

I've driven both 80's model GM and Ford wagons. The Fords are really smooth riding, have Lincoln-like steering isolation, and the 5.0 302 has more power than the 5.0 307 used in most 80's GM wagons.

The thing that always got me on the Fords is the doors are much thinner and the door windows are smaller than the GM cars. They "click" open and closed..feel very lite. Going from one car to the other, it was the doors more than anything else that stood out. Totally different feel.

I was driving an 86 Electra wagon back in high school and my boss at my after-school job had an 88 Colony Park, which I ran errends in, so I had a lot of back-to-back comparison time.

I will say the leather seats in the Merc were sure comfy and nice looking, and that car had the face-to-face side-opening seats in the 3rd row, which was neat. He lost the transmission at around 80K, and had some issues with the a/c and power windows, but other than that it was reliable. The engine never needed anything.

......................but despite how slow it was, those big silver pillowed cloth seats and solid "thunking" doors on my Electra sure felt good at the end of the work day driving home.....I'm a GM man!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Robert 96

PostSubject: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:32 am

Hey there Lynol, those Ford and Merc wagons were actually very nice. I've had a couple Crown Vics and Grand Marquis over the years and the previous statement was correct about the engines being better than the GM counterparts availble at the time. You also have my favorite color, I think it was called Rosewood but not positive. I even owned one that had the Insta Clear Windshield option which was very rare. The windshield had an orange tint to it and all you had to do was push a button on the dash and the ice and snow just melted away! Very handy in cold climates. I could never figure out why that option never caught on.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:08 pm

im glad lynol can take the heat off me for a while!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Robert 96 wrote:
Hey there Lynol, those Ford and Merc wagons were actually very nice. I've had a couple Crown Vics and Grand Marquis over the years and the previous statement was correct about the engines being better than the GM counterparts availble at the time. You also have my favorite color, I think it was called Rosewood but not positive. I even owned one that had the Insta Clear Windshield option which was very rare. The windshield had an orange tint to it and all you had to do was push a button on the dash and the ice and snow just melted away! Very handy in cold climates. I could never figure out why that option never caught on.
Yup, Rosewood. My favorite color on these too. Part of the reason I just couldn't pass it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone among us has gone to the dark side   Someone among us has gone to the dark side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone among us has gone to the dark side
Page 1 of 1