GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Weather was finally nice enough to head out to cruise night snapped a few pictures

Nice '57
I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... IMG_3767

Chrysler '300
I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... IMG_3762

Lotus Spyder
I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... IMG_3758

Electra 255
I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... IMG_3759

67 Belair and 68 Caprice with a 427 (really want to bring my wagon next week and park next to them...)
I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... IMG_3760

Being artsy with a Mopar
I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... IMG_3763
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 am

Great pics! Man I love that 300 and that 68 Kingswoods Estate Caprice wagon. I swear Chevy Rally wheels can make any car look better!

Where's the pic of the GTO next to the 300?? Come on! Ha!

That Electra is sharp too!

Thanks for posting!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Thats about all I got. It started getting crowded and parents were letting their crotchfruits run around unsupervised. I left after only seeing maybe half the cars. This cruise is getting a bit too big. I'll be sticking to the other one in town, about half the cars but much better run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Never saw a 57 with its own goal net attached before.Next time get more pics of the 68 wagon
with the 427 and the red wagon with the old style exhaust dumps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Justin the Lotus sure looks out of place with all the classics surrounding it!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Thats about all I got. It started getting crowded and parents were letting their crotchfruits run around unsupervised. I left after only seeing maybe half the cars. This cruise is getting a bit too big. I'll be sticking to the other one in town, about half the cars but much better run.

I normally take Eddie, my 9-year-old, to the car shows and cruise-in's with me, but I try not to take my 2-year-old. Misty gave me a hard time about not taking him to Cars and Coffee with me. She does not understand that it's no fun to spend the entire show chasing Tucker around trying to stop him from touching every car at the show. I can't seem to make her understand.....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Never saw a 57 with its own goal net attached before.Next time get more pics of the 68 wagon
with the 427 and the red wagon with the old style exhaust dumps!

Ask and you shall receive Jim. Heres one I took of the 68 last year. Its an all original, numbers matching car. Very solid. 2 owner car.

I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... 33515_430965543552_505618552_4867583_1131037_n

81X11 wrote:

I normally take Eddie, my 9-year-old, to the car shows and cruise-in's with me, but I try not to take my 2-year-old. Misty gave me a hard time about not taking him to Cars and Coffee with me. She does not understand that it's no fun to spend the entire show chasing Tucker around trying to stop him from touching every car at the show. I can't seem to make her understand.....

I have no problem with kids at car shows or cruises, only way to get the into the hobby is to introduce it to them. But when parents let kids run around and generally misbehave, it ruins it for everyone else. Another problem is this cruise brings ricers and their 12 kids and two baby mamas, I saw one use the bumper of a GTO as a step stool last night. I thought the owner was going to pitch an embolism. Another reason I like the other cruise in town, its a more mature crowd. Last summer i'd say the youngest kid walking around was maybe 10-11.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I have seen the same thing to.Its like they dont have a clue what respecting someones property is.Justin that 68 is gorgeous.Wonder if that woodgrain and trim is homemade?
Years ago at a Vette show I saw a lady set a big gulp on one of the show winners and when
she was kicked out she had no idea what she had done wrong.Meguiars is coming out with
their own wrap called wraptivo and you will be able to wrap your own car with it including
woodgrain wrap.Saw it on their site and it looks good.Thanks for the better pic of the 68
wagon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Congesswoman Gabby Gifford is coming home this weekend for her first visit since being shot
in the head by that Psycho.Cant believe she is doing so well after what she has been thru!
This is what modern medicine and a remarkable womans drive to live can do against all
extremes.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I have seen the same thing to.Its like they dont have a clue what respecting someones property is.Justin that 68 is gorgeous.Wonder if that woodgrain and trim is homemade?
Years ago at a Vette show I saw a lady set a big gulp on one of the show winners and when
she was kicked out she had no idea what she had done wrong.Meguiars is coming out with
their own wrap called wraptivo and you will be able to wrap your own car with it including
woodgrain wrap.Saw it on their site and it looks good.Thanks for the better pic of the 68
wagon!

As far as I know, the woodgrain is original to the car. And wow, that wraptivo stuff looks cool. Maybe I'll re do the wood on the Caprice...

http://www.wraptivo.com/collections/subcollections/wraps.aspx?subproductid=19
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Thats exactly what I was thinking of doing Justin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:19 pm

I would probably use the ebony brown on my 95 RMW.would look good against the light
adriatic blue paint.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I was thinking the gray one. But I really like both. Problem is thou, the largest sheet of that you can get is 48x60" I dont think thats large enough for the tailgate or the rear quarters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I think you are right bi=ut I am going out to measure mine NOW .BRB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

63.5 inches across the tailgate aand 61.25 across the the top edge of the rear wheel well.
Nope not going to fit unless you can do a invisible splice somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Heres the other option: http://www.woodgrain4wagons.com/colors.html ,fellow wagon owner. All orders are cut to fit. Pricey thou, bout $500-700 per wagon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 pm

If I redo mine I want something a little exotic looking not standard woodgrain and I know I can buy a roll for way cheaper than he wants from the vinyl-pros.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

From an issue of Motor Trend Classic last year:

I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... 1968-chevrolet-kingswood-estate-three-quarters
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Shocked I am in love.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
From an issue of Motor Trend Classic last year:

I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... 1968-chevrolet-kingswood-estate-three-quarters

Needs Rally wheels......
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I took the GN out last night to the local cruise. Here's a picture of me driving home and catching the leading edge of a wicked thunderstorm with high winds and LOUD hail.

affraid

I bailed off the highway & ducked under an overpass for a while. Luckily, no lasting damage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:52 pm

You look terrified Greg!Glad you missed the storm though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...   I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Can't Let Mike Be The Only One To Post Cruise Night Pictures...
Page 1 of 1