GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Save my Wagon.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:34 pm

$300.00 before August 5th! I would love someone on one of the forums to buy it either to fix or to use as parts, but my wife and I can not bear the thought of it being lifted with giant wheels and then having it's guts filled with TV's and stereo crap, that is what happens to cars like ours in my little town in Florida. After August 5th I will be calling around so see how much the junk collectors will give me for it.

The good:
Recently lowered with H&R springs, bilstien impala SS rear shocks and edelbrock IAS impala SS front shocks, and 1/2 inch aluminum rear spacers for a slight rake.
The body and belly of the car are 99% rust free, there is some light freckles starting on the the belly and the body seam on the hinge side of the tailgate looks a little suspicious to me.
There are some misc parts in the back of the car too, including the original springs.
The tires have less then 5,000 miles on them, the tread wear is rated at 55,000 miles.

The bad:
The engine either has a spun bearing or a bad wrist pin so it is knocking loudly, it still runs and has plenty of oil pressure but I would not drive it anywhere.
The transmission is fine when it is cold but once it warms up it gets sloppy but it still shifts.
The A/C does not work due to the compressor leaking oil/freon form the front seal.
The paint is in bad shape, the front of the car was repaired and repainted prior to me owning it and the el cheapo paint is toast to the point it is cracking.
The carpet and seats are worn but not outside of normal for a car with almost 180,000 miles on it.
The rear bumper shocks are compressed, and the bumper beam interferes with the tailgate, but it still drops with some effort.
The wood is in ok shape but needs to be replaced in my mind.
There is evidence of rodent activity under the hood, but everything seems to still function.

I DO NOT have the time or place to part this car out it is being sold whole only!

Last edited by UberWagon on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Man, if you were local, it'd be in my driveway! Sad

And I'm still waiting on your decals. I haven't forgotten you. My decal guy is still letting me down...
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:48 am

affraid scratch Idea Catch me on yahoo messneger please
Back to top Go down

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Sold to Sprocket!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Sorry to see it go Uber but glad it's staying in the family. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:16 pm

UberWagon wrote:
Sold to Sprocket!

Why does that not suprise me Smile

I hate you sprocket Wink
Back to top Go down

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:29 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Man, if you were local, it'd be in my driveway! Sad

And I'm still waiting on your decals. I haven't forgotten you. My decal guy is still letting me down...

Consider it a donation at this point, I think I will live without them.
Back to top Go down

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 am

SOLD.

Not to Sprocket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Save my Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save my Wagon.   Save my Wagon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save my Wagon.
Page 1 of 1